Inside Job

Last Chapter:

"I've got a message for you," He whispers, back away a tiny bit, his hands out in front of him. "Greyson's here." He says and whips around, running back into the hallway.

I lean forward, my brain only just processing the boys words. "Greyson."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Greyson's POV

The cheap motel is off the grid. So far off, I'm slightly convinced that if I leave, I won't find it again. Benny's on guard, sitting three blocks from the motel in a grassy field thats only home to a few head of cattle. 

The moniter beeps beside me and I hit the select button, Benny's dark silouette popping up on the camera. "Nothing happened." He says, shifting his position. 

I sigh. "Has the boy come back yet?"

Benny shakes his head. "No, but we did only give him the message two days ago. He said he only gets one day off for every three he works."

"Damn it." I snap to myself, burying my head in my hands. 

Benny remains silent for a while. "We'll find her Greyson." He says reassuringly, and I know that if he was here, he'd be patting me on the shoulder, trying to make me feel better.

"I know that." I snap angrily. "Don't you think I know that! But what if we don't? What if he kills her before when get there?"

Benny shakes his head. "Greyson, you have to stop beating yourself up about this. It's not your fault. And I know Alexander. He wouldn't dare kill her."

I shot him a glare. Why is he so optimistic? I don't want to feel like Grace is dead and I don't want to give up on her, but I hate how Benny doesn't see the littlest bit concerned that she could be. "What about rape? If you know him so well, Benny, answer me this!"

Benny remains silent, shaking his head. "I wouldn't rule it out."

"Mother F***er." I yell and slam the laptop closed. 

If that bastard lays a hand on my Grace-

I stop myself. Grace isn't mine. She never was and probably never will be. I glance at the clock, knowing that Benny is due home soon. Back to this dinge motel, while we wait for Luke to come back. Benny had known him back when he was just a kid and had first started working for Alexander. Finding him was easy. and with a little pursausion, Benny was able to recruit him onto our side. With the promise of finding him a safe home somewhere out of Alexander's reach. I'm thinking America; Benny says that won't be far enough.

There is a knock on the door. I stiffen and wait, my hand automatically finding the pistol in my belt. Exactly a minute later there is a double knock and I sigh with relife, knowing it's Benny. Stepping forward, I yank open the door, gun raised just encase.

Benny tugs his heavy bag off his back and wrinkles his nose at me. "Ever heard of a shirt?"

I roll my eyes. "Ever heard of a face?"

"Wow. That was nice. I felt that burn." Benny says sarcastically. He pauses before shutting the door, leaving it open slightly. "I ran into someone on the way here."

I tense, wondering if we've got time to run before they turn up. "Who?"

Benny smiles and reached behind the door, giving one almighty tug. Amon falls at my feet, grumbling about being 'man-handled'.  I laugh and pull him up, embrasing him for a moment. "Where did you come from?" I say, slapping his back. 

"Here, there... everywhere." He replied, dusting off his clothes. He looks me over. "Ever heard of a shirt?"

"Thats what i said!" Benny agrees, shutting the door firmly behind him.

"Ha ha, very funny." I roll my eyes. 

Then I turn on my heel and raise the gun to Amon's head. He fliches and pulls his hands out to protect him. "What are you doing?" He yelps, shutting his eyes.

"Empty your pockets." I snap, eying Benny, who looks just as astonished as Amon does.

Amon keeps one hand up, carefully pulling a cell phone from one pocket, a light from the other. I raise my eyebrows then jerk my head at Benny. "Pat him down."

Benny sighs. "Greyson, it's Amon. C'mon, man..."

"I said, pat him down." I narrow my eyes at him. He glares back for a moment before obliging.

Benny finds three guns, a pocket knife and a GPS. "How the freak did you hide all this? I didn't even see a wrinkle in your jeans!" benny exclaims, putting the GPS on the bed.

Amon shrugs."I'm amazing."

I lower the gun slightly, looking at Benny. "Anything else?"

He shakes his head. "He's clean."

"Wires?"

Benny holds my gaze until I drop the gun. I turn to Amon. "Sorry man. Just a precaution." Amon nods, understanding. Then i notice his face. "What happened to you?"

Amon smiles. "Just some war injuries. I had to get away from my Dad at some point. I managed to get out of him where Alexander was most likely set up, and I figured you guys would be off the grid, so I started walking once I got here. Then I heard Benny talking lowly to someone, which I figured was you. So I waited until he came out of the paddock and began following him. He led me down a stray alley, obviously realising I was there."

"I knocked him around a bit before i realised who it was." Benny added, putting his feet up on the tiny coffee table.

I nod, bending to fish three beers out of the mini fridge. "Well, okay then." I pause. "You know where Alexander is then?" I say to Amon.

He smiles toothily and then pulls a piece of paper from under his collar. I glare at Benny. "That could have been a bomb."

Benny just shakes his head in disbelief. "Dude, how do you do that?!" 

Amon wiggles his eyebrows before turning to me and forcing the paper open with one jerk movement. It opens to a small hand drawn layout, that appears to have been done on the back of a Chinese resturant menu.

"Whats this?" I ask, taking the paper from him. It illisrates the top floor of a building; some kind of pent house appartmnet. There's a X drawn over an old boiler room.

Amon sits down, taking a swig of his beer. "That my friend, is exactly where Grace is, right at this very moment."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm so sorry! This has been about 3 months in the making and I feel so bad about not updating anything! ugh. Anyways, I know it's short but I was really stuck on what to happen next, but today it just popped while I was updating my other story. I SHOULD HAVE A GREYSON POV. Which exactly what i did! 

There has been no action on this story for so long and I feel horrible. I will be updating a lot more frequently now! I PROMISE!

Anyways, Enjoy and please, please, please VOTE and COMMENT