Ch 11- Dream?

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

Thank god, it was all a dream. I mentally sighed, then found the willpower to creak open my eyes. Immediately I realized I was in a hospital. I looked over to my right, where a monitor was beeping. "She's awake!" Someone exclaimed. Two people dressed in white robes scurried towards me; a nurse and a doctor. The doctor carried a clipboard with many papers, while the nurse carried a worried but relieved expression. "Thank goodness you're awake," said the doctor. "We were afraid we were going to lose you!" "Lose me? Wait, what happened?" I asked. "Due to the Baneberry potion, you've suffered a burn to your left shoulder, broken ribs, an arrow to your calf, gashes in your lower arm, other hand, and waist, as well as a bullet to your other calf." The doctor said, looking down at his clipboard. "Oh my god," I said. "Was I in the hunger games or something? Because it sounds like I'm practically dead."

I tried to process the information he gave me. So it wasn't a dream, after all. Just a really bad reality. Regina is my mom, Zelena is her half sister, and Mary Margaret is my half sister slash step grandmother. That's not confusing. I brought myself back to reality as the doctor nodded gravely, then said, "You've barely escaped death. I advise you rest for now. In the meantime, I will bring in your mother." He left towards the glass doors. A few moments later, Regina burst through the doors, tears in her eyes as she sped towards my bed. "Hi, Regina," I said. She kneeled down next to me beside my bed, and asked, "How are you feeling?" I shrugged, "Ok, I guess. I'm alive." She chucked a little, then sniffed and started to stroke my hair. I flinched back, almost afraid she would hurt me. I still remembered what she did to me when I drank the potion. "Honey, I won't hurt you," she said softly. "I know...it's just...what I saw..." I shuddered. "What you saw wasn't real, sweetie. I would never hurt you." She said. Her tears were flowing freely now. Even I was starting to tear up. "Then why-" I started, rolling up my sleeve of my hospital clothes. I wonder who changed me. Gross. "Why is this here?" I pointed to the deep burn on my shoulder from her fireball. "I'm so sorry Daniella. I-you know it wasn't real. It was the potion Zelena gave you..." She said. "I didn't want to give you up- I was forced to. I couldn't raise you because of Cora. She wouldn't have let me."

"Ella," was all I said. "What?" She asked, confused. "Call me Ella." I said, smiling softly. "And you can call me Mom," she said, kissing my forehead.

**Later**

I woke up to the sound of arguing voices. I decided to pretend to be asleep so I could evesdrop on the conversation.

"I'm sorry, ma'am, but I can't let you do that. She's in the hospital, it's our job to take care of her."

"She is my daughter. I believe she is my responsibility. I can heal her in the blink of an eye, without all of your 'fancy' tech that you claim is so new!"

"As I've said before, this is the hospital's job. We will send her straight home as soon as she is physically and mentally stable."

"What do you mean by mentally stable?"

"As you know she's suffered many serious injuries from a very serious potion-"

"Which I can heal in an instant!"

"-and we've been running some tests, and we don't really know for sure if she is safe to be around. She has both dark and light magic; she's very powerful. And in this state, ma'am, well..."

"I can assure you, my daughter is perfectly fine. How dare you accuse her of that! She is not mentally unstable in any way. I'm taking her straight home; I can cure all her injuries..."

"Alright, how about this. I'll let you take her home for a week. You can cure her injuries, but in one week you bring her back so we can check how she's doing. Does that sound all right?"

I heard a groan. "Fine."

"You may proceed."

Mom began walking towards me, her heels clinking on the white tiles of the hospital floor. She lightly shook my shoulder. "Ella. Wake up. You're going home."