1;

| CHAPTER ONE |

☆彡

"Fuck! Why is he so hot?" Jimin groaned as he stared at a certain blonde from across the cafeteria.

"Gross." His best friend frowned as he glanced at the drooling red head.

"Tae, will he ever love me?" Jimin sighed adoringly, leaning his chin onto his palms.

"When pigs fly, maybe. I wouldn't even get my hopes up then, though."

On the other side of the table, their younger companion Jungkook shrugged. "I mean, why not? I don't see what the big deal is. Just go talk to him."

Jimin snapped his head toward the boy. "Are you crazy? I can't talk to him! He's too perfect for me!"

Taehyung snickered. "Yeah, didn't you know, Kookie? Just the presence of Jimin would taint him."

Jungkook rolled his eyes. "He's a regular person just like us. Why do you lower his confidence? Jimin, if you want Yoongi to notice you then you should just go introduce yourself."

Jimin groaned, turning back to stare at his crush. "Don't you get it? I don't want him to notice me. I wouldn't be able to survive if he actually talked to me."

That wasn't entirely true. A part of Jimin did wish that Yoongi would notice him, because watching him from afar hurt. He wishes to be closer. To hear his voice, to touch him. But it was also true that he wouldn't know what to do if Yoongi did ever happen to talk to him.

The fear of rejection overpowered the want to know Min Yoongi.

Jungkook sighed. "You're so weird, Jiminie. Sometimes I don't get you at all."

Jimin frowned as he watched Yoongi and his friends stand from their table and leave the cafeteria early. He hesitantly turned back around to face Jungkook and Taehyung.

"There's no point in trying. He'd never like me..."

Jungkook grabbed the older's hand from across the table. "You can't just assume that without ever trying to find that out for yourself! Give me one good reason why he wouldn't like you."

"I'm a boy." Jimin glared. "He dates girls, Jungkook. Trust me, I've seen it." He finished, his frown deepening. Every time Yoongi got a new girlfriend, Jimin felt the metaphorical knife in his chest dig deeper into his heart. The painful reality that Yoongi could never like him, even if he did talk to him, because Yoongi doesn't like boys was a slap to the face for Jimin. And it hit him hard.

Jungkook let out a nervous chuckle, pulling his comforting hand back into his lap. "Oh, right... Forgot about that."

"You forgot that they both have dicks?" Taehyung questioned nonchalantly and Jungkook punched him in the arm.

"No! I just forgot about Yoongi only dating girls..." Jungkook replied with a sad tone. "I'm sorry, Jimin..."

Jimin shrugged. "It's whatever. I've been admiring him from afar for a year already, why should it bother me now? I'm happy just like this."