18;

| CHAPTER EIGHTEEN |

☆彡

A few weeks had passed since the "Who's Jungkook's Secret Lover" misunderstanding, as Jimin had titled it, and things were going surprisingly smoothly for the most part.

Jungkook and Taehyung's talk must have gone well. When Jimin arrived at his usual lunch table later that day, he smiled at the sight of his two best friends laughing together, apparently at a video being played on Taehyung's phone. Jungkook didn't look as tense as he had been for the past few days either, the older noticed from afar. It was as if from that day forward, everything was finally falling back into place.

Things with Jimin and Yoongi have been pretty decent as well. Jimin dedicated more of his time to helping the blonde with his art project, while not taking too much time away from his best friends. The more time they spent together, the more he realized that the older boy really wasn't so intimidating after all. He was actually very sweet, and charming, and even funny when he wanted to be. Even Taehyung stopped complaining as much whenever they were together. Jimin felt content with his life.

Well, at least until he found out the real reason why sweet angel Taehyung had been so quiet recently.

"What?" Jimin quirked an eyebrow at Jungkook's frown, closing his locker hesitantly once retrieving his notebook for class. The younger sighed.

"Tae is... Well, he's planning something. To get me and you together..."

The redhead rolled his eyes. "Oh god. He can't even get his own date, how does he think he's gonna get you one? With me, of all people?"

"I don't even know." Jungkook's shoulders sagged in defeat. "I thought we were finally getting closer but... this whole time he was just thinking of what to do to push me away..."

"Kook, you know that's not true!" Jimin frowned in disappointment. He had been doing so well. They all have. Why did his troublesome best friend always have to scheme?

Okay. Two can play at that game.

"Don't feel discouraged, okay?" He continued, patting the younger boy's shoulder as a form of comfort. "I'm sure we can figure out a way to use this to our advantage."

Jungkook can't help the sniffling sound that escapes him, rubbing his nose in embarrassment over feeling emotional. "But how...? Taehyung clearly wants us together, how can it backfire?"

The older shrugs hesitantly, hugging his books to his chest before walking in the direction of his class, looking back at Jungkook once more before bell chimes resonate throughout the hallways. "I don't know yet, but trust me! We already know what he's up to, it's not like his plan is going to work!"

Jimin swears he hears a nervous noise of protest from behind him, but he doesn't have time to look once he reaches his classroom door, walking inside begrudgingly once he realizes it's time for math.

Taehyung's sitting in the back of the classroom, chin planted in his palm neatly as he stared out the window in what seemed to be deep thought. Jimin gulped.

Something. There's gotta be something I can do to fuck with him.

"Nice hair." He started, whistling at the freshly dyed purple locks on the younger's head as he took a seat next to him. Taehyung looks over with a playful scoff.