10;

| CHAPTER TEN |

☆彡

"Jungkook!" Taehyung huffed out worriedly as he followed the younger through the empty school hallway. "Come on, don't be like this. I'm sorry about earlier, I know I acted like a jerk, I was just feeling upset. We need to talk about what you said though. Who is this person you're giving up on?"

Jungkook stopped in front of his locker, twisting in his combination and opening it to retrieve his jacket so he could finally go home. "Does it matter? I said I'm giving up on them so who cares who it is?"

"I do. I want you to be happy, and if this person can make you happy then I can't just let this go. What happened? Did they get with someone else? Did they hurt you in someway? What's with the sudden negativity?"

Jungkook sighed, looking down at his shoes before closing his locker. "Well, yes and no..."

"Yes and no to what? I asked multiple questions in that sentence, you know."

"Y-yes... I guess they did hurt me, sort of... They obviously have feelings for someone else, but it's not like they've gotten together yet..."

"Well who is it?"

"I-I can't tell you..."

Taehyung furrowed his brows in confusion. "I don't understand... What are you hiding from me, Jungkook?"

"Hyung, it's just... I'm scared to tell you about it because it's–"

"Oh hey, what are you two still doing here? Classes ended an hour ago." A new voice chimed in from behind, cutting Jungkook off. The duo turned around to see Hoseok smiling at them.

"Ah, Hoseok hyung..." Jungkook sighed in relief, grateful for the interruption. Taehyung, on the other hand, might as well have been about to burst into flames.

Can this guy learn how to get lost? Taehyung thought to himself as the usual scowl he wore returned to his face.

"I stayed back for soccer practice... Taehyung was waiting for me to finish. We were just about to leave." Jungkook smiled wearily. "How about you, Hyung?"

"Just killing some time, waiting for Seokjin to finish his student council meeting." He glanced at Taehyung curiously, but the younger only glared back in irritation.

Jungkook looked back and forth between them slowly before chuckling awkwardly. "Well, I have to get going... See you guys later."

"Wait, Jungkook–"

"I'll talk to you tomorrow Tae, alright? Promise." The first year mumbled, waving at the other two before quickly pacing away. Taehyung sighed heavily.

Hoseok looked back at him with a raised brow. "What'd you do to piss him off?"

"You've got a lot of nerve, you know that?" Taehyung spat in anger.

"What?" Hoseok shrugged, pulling out a box of cigarettes. "I'm just trying to help."

"The last thing I need is help from you."