Chapter 4

Harry:

The sight of Taylor standing up there on that huge stage and giving her usual, over-friendly speech sends warm feelings flooding through me, and I'm trying so hard to ignore the fact that Kendall's hand is still resting on my chest, and her unblinking eyes have been boring into the side of my face for the entire show.

I can't seem to stop thinking about how she looked... hurt for a second, almost like she'd seen something in the audience that put her off...

I was obviously taken aback by it and quickly glanced over to see if Kendall had reacted, but she was too busy checking her own reflection in her glossy nails.

Well, whatever it was, it vanished almost instantly, and was immediately replaced by her usual, wide smile.

Sighing, I look over at Calvin, the lucky guy. Of course, he noticed Taylor's discomfort too, and is satisfying himself by simply shooting me a glare sharper than cut glass, clearly saying 'don't you even think about it'.

I shift away from him and quickly turn my head in the other direction, catching Kendall's attention as I do so. Immediately she's all over me in a futile attempt to comfort me, even though she has no clue why I'm upset.

Just any excuse, I guess, to show the cameras that I've finally moved on from Taylor and am deeply in love with her now. I stiffen at her touch, and wish she would just evaporate right there and then.

I admit to myself that the only way to stop myself yanking her hands off of me is to get away from her. I stand up and, just as I expected, she jumps onto her feet to follow me.

"Uh, look, Kendall, you don't need to come, I'm going, umm, to the- the mens room."

Kendall pouts at me before reluctantly sitting back down. I take a sharp breath and start walking away from her.

Suddenly, a faint crashing noise, like glass breaking, catches my attention. Instinct setting in, I sprint in the direction of the sound and it eventually leads me into a small, dimly lit room, an unpleasant smell hanging in the air. I fumble around the wall and flip on the bright lights.