Chapter 39

"Felicia?"

Taylor lets go of my hand as Felicia nods to show she's listening.

"When- when will the baby bump start showing?"

She sounds almost as scared as she did when I was unconscious on the floor after Calvin knocked me out and he was pinning her up against the wall, and I laugh at this realisation, wrapping my arms around her shoulders as Felicia answers,

"Oh, a month at least before it'll show through. You won't have that perfect bikini figure for much longer, I'm afraid."

She finishes with a chuckle, looking at me expectantly.

Without warning, Taylor turns around in my arms, suddenly bursting into tears and burying her face in my chest. I look up at Felicia again, but she simply cover's her mouth delicately with one hand, awing silently at us, before gesturing that she's leaving.

But before I can do anything, Taylor's pulled away from me, and I watch in confusion as she wipes the tears from her cheeks furiously.

"S- sorry, that one w- was definitely the- the pregnancy."

She exhales loudly before taking my hand and dragging me along with her.

"Uh, Tay?"

"W- we should get b- back at Niall's f- for lunch and then figure out h- how we're gonna tell ev- everyone."

Her explanation is frequently interrupted with loud hiccups, and as we reach the glass doors of the hospital, it's obvious she hasn't calmed down enough to face the inevitable crowds waiting for us. I deliberately stop in my tracks, stopping her too because she's gripping my hand so tightly. She tries to keep walking, but I'm a lot stronger than she is.

"Taylor? Taylor, maybe you should try and calm down a bit before we face the paps?"

"No. No, H- Harry, we need them to see me looking all messed up so that they know there's something going on."

The pieces click into place as she pulls me through the automatic doors, and I grimace as we're bombarded with the thousands of clicks from the paparazzi surrounding the hospital.

"Ohhh no, that's a- a lot of paps."

I hear her mutter, but I try to ignore it, and instead scan the car park for the driver, taking Taylor's arm and leading her to the black car waiting for us.

* * *

Taylor:

"How about... another video? Like the one Cara posted on Insta?"

I shake my head, and Selena frowns before leaving the room, probably to get some more hot chocolate.

"How about you just tweet it?"

"I don't know... I mean, it's pretty big news to just tweet, Niall."

I sigh. We've been back at Niall's house for about an hour now. We had In 'n' Out for lunch because we're just that healthy, and now we're all wracking our brains for a clever way to tell the public about the baby. Suddenly, my thoughts are interrupted by Harry getting up from his seat and scrambling to the door.

"Hey, Harry where are you going?"

I say, rising from my seat now.

"Gonna be late for this damn interview."

He says bitterly as he fumbles around the dozens of Selena's coats for his.

"An interview? But wouldn't Niall be coming- wait, isn't one direction- well- finished?"