Chapter 32

Taylor:

Wait...what? Did Harry actually just leave his pregnant girlfriend alone in a hotel room in the middle of London, just because he wanted to go out and get drunk with his friends all night?!

Frowning in disappointment, I poke my head out of the covers and stare at the ceiling. I can't help but feel abandoned sitting there alone in a giant bed, but maybe I was testing my luck a bit, trying to get Harry to forget all his plans yet again for me.

Before I can help myself, I start to wonder if Adam would do the same thing. I try desperately to convince myself that he would be much worse, but there's a small part of me that says he'd be a lot more mature about it. I mean, he is much older and taller too...

My eyes drift closed as I wonder between the two, comparing. I lie back miserably, thoughts running freely through my mind, each one attempting to sway my decision.

I'd usually stop myself thinking about him but tonight is different... Harry shouldn't have left me like that. He could've at least tried to convince me to come, or at least been understanding about it and then left me. But instead of that happening, I find myself unable to sleep as the image of Adam's sorrowful face when I ended things between us clouds my thoughts. That's when I make a decision, and clamber out of bed.

* * *

Harry:

I stumble into a taxi, waving once again at the screaming mob of teenage girls swarming around the car.

"Uh- the Ritz Hotel, please."

I mumble, blinking repeatedly in an effort to clear my blurry vision slightly. Luckily I didn't drink too much, so I still have my wits about me and remember the hotel address.

And Taylor.

I feel an unexpected pang in my chest at the thought of her, alone and rejected under the covers. I pray she's not crying for me, I don't think I could handle that in my state. Sudden images of her piercing blue eyes and smirking red lips cloud my vision as I flop against the side of the car tiredly.

* * *

"Hey? Hey, buddy. We're here."

The driver's intense, London accent stirs me awake again, and I drunkenly hand him what seems like an appropriate amount of money and climb out of the car. A new crowd of girls greets me, and I walk with purpose right past them now that they all know who's waiting for me in the room upstairs. I high five a couple of people obliviously, smirking as they scream mine and Taylor's names lovingly at me.

When I do eventually reach the lift, a smile has firmly planted itself on my face, and I tap my fingers impatiently on the metal door as I wait for the lift to reach the 13th floor. Practically galloping down the hall, I swipe the keycard on the door and burst through it with a grin.

* * *

The first thing I notice is the absence of her perfume. If loneliness had a smell, it's definitely what this room smells like. I frown in concentration as I try not to trip over anything, making my way slowly over to the bed.

I manage to reach the bed without any accidents, but just as I try to clamber in with what should be Taylor's sleeping figure, I topple over what looks like a high heel, and face plant onto the bed. Yelping in fear, I scoot off of the bed, immediately assuming I've squashed her under my body. I tear the covers off of the bed, grimacing in confusion at the tall pile of hotel cushions placed expertly in a human figure.

"Where- hey...Taylor?!"

The confusion quickly turns into fear as I heave myself up off the floor and start to search the room frantically for any sign of her. My mind races as I look around the bathroom and the dark and empty hallway.

Where is she? Did she go out with someone, or did she decide to follow me after all? I blink away sudden oncoming tears as all the possibilities of where she could've gotten to run through my mind. The terrible thought of her trapped in some sketchy old man's car, or the awful image of her body lying limp in the scene of a car crash flood into my mind.

It would all be my fault. At that, a stray tear rolls freely down my cheek as I mutter out loud the last thing I said to her.

"I don't need you."

How could I have been so stupid?! I lean against the wardrobe, angrily wiping the tears from my cheeks as I curse at myself. That's when I yank open the wardrobe, just to find an empty space. No suitcase, no clothes, no sign Taylor had ever been there.

As the realisation that she took absolutely everything she owns with her hits me, my head starts to throb as exhaustion starts to set in, but I manage to hold on long enough to struggle over to the bed. I collapse onto the crumpled sheets, wrapping myself up in them as the tears stream. Thankfully, my worries and fears disappear as I black out, and the last thing I see is a blurry pregnancy test sitting mockingly on the window sill.

Taylor:

Shivering stupidly, I stroll quickly away from the building, keeping my eyes firmly focused on the street before me, willing myself not to look back as the sun finally sets before me.

The shrill screams of teenage girls echoing from behind me is soon too loud to ignore so I reluctantly turn around, smiling widely like I've done so many times before and sauntering over to take a multitude of selfies with the ever-growing crowd of people. Security are soon on the scene, forming the inevitable protective circle around me as the cameras flash and the fans continue to scream at me.

"Where's Harry?!"

"NO. WAY. IT'S TAYLOR SWIFT! ERMAHGAWDDDD!!!"

"How long have you and Harry been hiding this, Taylor?"

"TAYLOR?! TAYLOR! I LOVE YOOUUUUU!"

"That was quite a make out session, do you do that often?"

I grimace at the last one as the guards lead me away and down a deserted alley in an attempt to get away from the crowd.

"Where ya heading, sweetheart?"

The guard behind me asks casually.

"I- uh- um...Calvin's house...?"

I mumble, the words tasting sour in my mouth.The man leading who looks like he might be the boss turns his head to raise his eyebrows at me.

"Ya sure, darling?"

He says judgmentally. Wonderful. Even he knows about me and Harry, I think to myself grumpily, but instead of saying anything, I simply stare at the ground and nod.

The guards find his house no problem, parting robotically so I can walk easily to the front door. I stay awkwardly still as I thank them, trying not to think as their footsteps fade away.

Without warning, the door swings open.

"Taylor."

His rough Scottish accent fills me to the brim with familiarity, and I can't help but feel a twinge of relief as I look up from the ground and into his murky blue eyes.

"Can I come in, Adam... please?"

My voice trembles, threatening to break any second. Adam immediately opens the door, just as I expected him to, stepping to the side as I walk on past him and into his giant house.

* * *