Chapter 19

Harry:

The drive back to my house seems a lot shorter than the previous one, probably because Taylor is finally happy, and we talk on and on about everything she can think of.

"Hey, Harry?"

I lift my eyes from the road for a second. We'd just been discussing her cat, detective Olivia Benson, whom I've never met, and how she is constantly trying to come up with new ways to sit.

"I was just curious as to what... well, what you and the boys are all planning to do over the next couple years,"

I keep my eyes trained on the road ahead, and reply limply,

"Well, I was planning on trying my hand at acting, and songwriting."

Her face lights up when I say songwriting. I continue as she smiles gleefully.

"Niall's songwriting too, for some other bands. He also said he'd like to travel more, something 'bout golf."

Taylor laughs,

"Maybe he'll take Selena with him."

The corners of my mouth turn up as I keep talking.

"Pretty sure Liam's songwriting too. Louis is gonna be a dad, of course, and he's doing something with X-factor."

Taylor nods and asks me a question that turns my heart to ice.

"And what about Zayn? Heard anything from him?"

Trying my best to pretend this question doesn't bother me, I answer her.

"Uhh- no. Not- not really. He was kinda rude to us for a while. Now he doesn't even return our calls or text us back-"

Taylor tenderly places a hand over her heart and looks at me empathetically,

"I'm sorry about that. I'm sure you could've kept a good relationship if Zayn would try a bit harder. And if you ask me, it was entirely his loss leaving you guys."

I knew she would understand. I fall even harder for her as she turns her gaze to the view outside her window. We spend the next ten minutes submerged in cheery, laughable conversation, Taylor's music playing in the background and auburn leaves falling from trees out the car windows.

Taylor:

We've almost arrived back at Harry's house when 'Out of The Woods' starts playing. My face flushes, thinking back to how much I missed Harry when I wrote this song. Listening to the lyrics of the first verse, Harry grins at me and raises his eyebrows cheekily.

I try my best to look upset with him but fail miserably, so instead I just smile and hide my face with my hair. But when the chorus starts, both me and Harry are singing along terribly at the top of our lungs, Harry trying to jam on an air guitar before realising he's driving and quickly getting his hands back on the wheel, laughing hysterically.

We pull into Harry's familiar driveway and clamber out of the car. Our spirits higher than they have been for the past few weeks, we collapse on the couch.

"Ok, so I was thinking we could leave at around... 10 tomorrow, to get on the jet straight to London."

"Sounds like a plan."

I try to say, but it doesn't work so well, as my mouth is completely stuffed with a cream cheese bagel. Laughing, Harry announces he's going upstairs to pack, and makes his way to the staircase.

I giggle and spray chip crumbs over Harry's leather couch. But I can't help it, 'Friends' is on TV. As I hurriedly try to push off the crumbs and kick them under the couch, I hear a binging sound from my phone. Groaning, I reach over the table and pick it up. I almost drop the phone as if it's made of burning coal when I see the text is from Adam. I open the text reluctantly. It reads: