Chapter 14

Taylor:

I exhale deeply, drained of my compassion now, and snap my fingers in his face in an attempt to get him to listen for once. I turn around to make myself a sandwich as I continue to talk.

As I tear the lettuce and start grating the cheese, I continue rapidly firing my rant at Harry. When he doesn't respond or argue, I assume he's listening. For a few minutes at least, I angrily grab the salami from its shelf in the fridge and carry on giving Harry a piece of my mind.

"Well, Harry? Do you have anything to say for yourself?"

I demand. I expect him to give me some pathetic excuse, but instead, I hear his voice sounding genuinely apologetic, as well as worryingly weak, muttering something about being sorry.

I whip around, sandwich in hand, just in time to see Harry's limp body hit the ground his eyes closed and some random teaspoon clutched to his chest. His hair lands in a puddle of sticky, green liquid. Rolling my eyes, I blow my bangs out of my face and take a step towards him. I hold out one toe and jab Harry in the nose a couple times.

"Harry? HARRY! Do you HONESTLY think you're fooling me with this pathetic act? Playing the sick card worked the first time, but I'm not an idiot. I know you're not...that sick."

I wait a few seconds for him to stand up and beg for my forgiveness, but he doesn't. I step on his hand, but again, he doesn't react. I lower myself onto my knees next to him. Pushing my hair out of my face, I lean towards him. Starting to feel anxious now.

"...Harry? Come on, you can get up now,"

I whisper to him. When this doesn't work, I stand up and immediately my heartbeat starts increasing and I clasp my forehead with my hand.

"Oh no. Oh no, oh no, oh no. Oh dear God no."

I lean down and shake him hard for good measure. Nothing happens except his beloved teaspoon escaping his grasp. That's when I put the pieces together. I groan and face palm, exasperated. He took the medicine without eating anything before, didn't he? With another ugly groan, I stand up.

Pacing the room now, I try to keep a level head, but obviously that doesn't work. Starting to panic, I run through everything I know, trying to figure out what I'm supposed to do with him.

Guilt bubbles inside of me, and everything I said to him in the past ten minutes comes back and punches me in the stomach.

My hands start to tremble as I grab my phone from my pocket and dial a random contact, which so happens to be a very intoxicated Kylie Jenner. She answers immediately, and starts to speak, drunk-sounding men in the background.

"OH MY GAAWWDD TAAYYYTAYYYY, HIIIIIII?!?!?!"

I try my best to be polite.

"Um, hey, Kylie! So, I really need your help-"

"-OH MY GAWD TAYYY YOU KNOW I'LL HELP YOU, I'LL DO ANYTHING FOR YOUUUU, LIKE, I LUUUURRRRVVVEEE YOUUUUU!"

"Ok, Kylie, thanks. So, a, uh, friend of mine is unconscious right now-"

"OH MY GAWD TAYYY, MY FRIEND IS UNCONSCIOUS TOO!!!! SOOO COOOOLLLL!"

"Wow, that's nice. Ok, so do you know, by any chance, how to wake- uh- them up?"

"YAAASSSS OMG I DOOO!!!"

I pause for a second, and Kylie burps, then continues,

"OH MY GAWD TAYYY I LUURRRRVVVE YOUUUU!!"