Chapter 36

Instantly, I'm hit by the cosy smell of cinnamon, and now that I've escaped from Harry's grasp, my eyes confirm what I thought I heard earlier. A flustered Selena stands in front of me, a mug of what looks like hot chocolate clasped in her hands as she babbles on to Harry.

"You've got a black eye, did you know? Anyways, I follow Cara on Instagram, right, and the other day, I saw this super long video of you two kissing, and at first I was just like, okay, someone is just really good at photoshopping, but then Niall was all like, no, Selena, you can't photoshop two people making out, and so I was just like, no way they're- OMG TAYLOR!!!"

She suddenly notices me standing there, and immediately turns her attention to me.

"Taylor! You look SO GOOD IN WHITE! OMG!!!"

I beam at her as she hugs me, and when we both pull away, I motion behind her at Harry and Niall enjoying a strangely long man-hug.

"Aw, Narry is still going strong!"

Selena giggles, and I laugh too as Harry blushes charmingly and pulls away. Niall turns to me next, smiling his crooked smile before embracing me too.

"You alright, Taylor?"

He asks as he pulls away, and I nod quickly, noticing a strange look of concern plastered across his face. As he leads us all into the living room, I remember Harry telling me he'd called Niall up when he found the test, and I can't help but hope he's told Selena so I won't have to deal with her shrieking when she finds out.

Harry plops himself down on the largest armchair, and I whine grumpily at him,

"Harrrryyy, I was gonna sit there."

"Well then, you'll just have to sit on my lap then, won't you?"

I laugh at the clear hints of hopefulness in his voice, and send him a look that clearly says 'as if' before settling into the large brown couch next to him. Niall soon waddles back in with two more giant mugs of hot chocolate, handing me one and setting the other one in front of Harry.

"So, what have you guys been doing for the past few days then?"

He asks casually, and I inhale sharply as Harry finds my eyes, a look on his face that clearly says 'oh crap what do I say'.

"Where's your bathroom again?"

I interrupt, deciding I don't want to be here when Harry tries to explain the last few days. Niall jumps up to direct me, but before I can even take a step, I feel Harry's hand on my arm,

"Is this to throw up or-"

"-No, Harry. A girl's gotta pee. I'll be back in a sec."

I whisper back, and he chuckles before settling back down with his mug.

Harry:

"She went back to Calvin."

Taylor's barely turned the corner before I've blurted it out, and both Selena and Niall turn to me, looking completely shocked.

"WHAT?!"

They shriek at the same time, Selena clasping a hand over her mouth as Niall shakes his head in disbelief.

"She said something about me having a whole future and- and that she needed someone who was ready-"

I choke up there, turning away from them so they don't see the tears threatening to spill.

"But... does she know about the split? I mean, we haven't told the media yet but... you should tell Taylor."

Niall tells me softly.