Chapter #10

"Yes. My friend is Kite Tenjo." Says Evelyn, still sobbing but softer.

"What! You're friends with a soul stealer!" Shouts Yuma.

"What are you talking about?" Asks Evelyn confused.

"Kite is a number hunter. And after the duel he takes the other duelists soul and number card. And his robot can stop time, or slow it down." Explains Yuma.

"H.. how do you know? You met Kite?" Asks Evelyn.

Yuma shacks his head.

"We duelled once. And almost lost, but he left before the duel ended." Says Yuma.

"Why would Kite need numbers? Or souls?" Thinks Evelyn.

"Huh!" Says Evelyn softly.

"What?" Asks Yuma.

"Hart! He might need numbers because of Hart!" Exclaims Evelyn.

"Whoa, who's Hart?" Asks Yuma.

"What? No one. I'm tired and now I'm saying random things." Explains Evelyn.

"Only if she were." Thought Astral.

"How did you 2 meet?" Asks Yuma.

Then the door opens. Dan was on the other side.

"Are you 2 coming back soon? Your food is getting cold." Asks Dan.

"Oh right, the food! I'm still hungry. Come on Evelyn. My Grandma makes the best food. You'll love it. Come eat." Explains Yuma.

"Yeah, it's great." Says Dan holding a chicken leg.

Yuma and Evelyn laughs.

"Yay, you laughed." Says Yuma.

"I have a sense of humor you know. Just not when you eat." Explains Evelyn.

"Hey. You're starting to sound like Cari." Says Yuma.

"Come on." Says Dan.

They all walked back into the house and sat down. Evelyn forgot about Kite, for the meantime she had fun, more fun in year's. That was a good thing, cause the next day was going to be twisted.

*******

"Oh no, I'm going to be late!" Shouts Yuma.

Yuma runs out of the house, and all the way to school.

*******

"Why do I always have to be late?" Asks Yuma. Lying in front of Tori's feet.

"That's what we all want to know." Says Bronk.

"Thanks Bronk." Says Yuma.

"Yuma, how was dinner with Evelyn?" Asks Flip.

"It was awesome! Man, her family have some great stories! Plus the food was great." Explains Yuma.

"Are you telling me you actually saw Evelyn smile?" Asks Flip.

"Ya so." Replies Yuma.

"I don't think anyone has ever seen Evelyn Knight smile before. Not even when Yuma does a belly flop of the diving board." Explains Flip.

"Hey!" Exclaims Yuma.

"Hold your breath guys, hear comes Evelyn." Says Bronk.

Everyone held their breath.

"Not literally!" Exclaims Bronk.

Evelyn reaches them.

"Yuma, you said yesterday that today you would 'introduce' me to your friends." Says Evelyn, reminding Yuma.

"You said what!" Exclaims Flip.

Flip clears his throat.

"Hello my name is Flip. I try to explain the flip side of things." Explains Flip.

"Yuma told me about you. You try to cheat during duels, and win the other's cards. You wanted Utopia from Yuma." Explains Evelyn.

"What! I would never do something like that." Says Flip.

"Try duelling me and tell me what you just said to my face." Says Evelyn.

"I... uh... ahhhhhhhh!" Exclaims Flip, running away.

Everyone takes a step back.

"Umm... let's be a little bit gentler." Whispers Yuma.

"I can't. I haven't had friends before. Only you. If you are my friend." Explains Evelyn.

"I'm totally your friend! Who ever doesn't have you as a friend, is missing something."

Everyone takes a step forward.

"Yuma's right. You just need practice. I'm Tori. This is Bronk, Caswell, and Cat." Explains Tori.

"I know who you are. We are in the same class." Explains Evelyn.

"Have you ever had a friend?" Asks Tori.

Evelyn looks down.

"I did. But that was long ago." Says Evelyn.

The bell rings.

"No! I can't be late for class!" Shouts Yuma.

Yuma shouted so loud that Shark heard him. He looks over and sees Evelyn. Shark gets angry, he clenches his fists.

"I will defeat you." Thinks Shark.

Everyone gets to class, and no one knows what Shark will do after class. Shark looks in him palm. There's a metal black ball in it.

"It's now or never." Thought Shark.