Chapter #13

As Kite was helping Evelyn, he was getting nervous.

"Um.. Evelyn, which way to your house?" Asks Kite.

Evelyn opens her eyes. Her vision was blurry but, she pointed in the direction of her home.

*******

They were 100m from the house. But Evelyn couldn't take it. Her legs felt like jelly, she couldn't stand. She forced herself off of Kite and fell to the ground. She's lying there groaning and grunting in pain.

"No!" Shouts Kite, kneeling beside her, his hand on her arm. He remembers the mechanical spider that the boy had. Kite looks at her wrist at sees a metal bracelet, it was sparking.

"Orbital! We have to get that bracelet off, now!" Demands Kite.

"O.. on it boss." Says Orbital. Orbital starts with the blowtouch.

"Hang on." Thinks Kite, looking helplessly at Evelyn as she's in pain.

A couple of minutes went by.

"Go.. got it sir." Says Orbital. The spider was off. It was scuddling away. But for how long.

Evelyn was relieved. She lay there panting. After a while, she sat up. She looked at Kite.

"Kite. You helped me." Says Evelyn. She saw a movement in the corner of her eye. She looked over. It was the spider. The spider launched itself at Evelyn. But she was pushed out of the way. She hit the ground, and slowly looked up. Kite pushed her out of the way. He was kneeling where Evelyn used to be with the spider on his wrist.

"No Kite! Why did you do that?!" Asks Evelyn.

"Because...." Starts Kite, groaning in pain.

"Orbital! Get that thing off and destroy it or I will destroy you! Now get going!" Shouts Evelyn.

"O..on it." Says Orbital. Once again he uses the blowtouch.

A couple minutes went by and Orbital got it off.

"Now destroy it you hunk of gunk!" Shouts Evelyn.

"I.. I am n.. not a hunk of g.. gunk....." 

SMASH!

Evelyn steps on the spider. She looks at the smashed pieces in disguise. She remembers Kite, and runs over as fast as she could, cause Evelyn was still weak and shaky.

"Kite! Are you okay?" Asks Evelyn. Kite stands but stumbles.

"I'm fine. What about you?" Asks Kite. Evelyn's vision was still a bit blurry, and she didn't hear exactly what Kite said. She was more tired then she thought, and kneeling there was hard too. She felt dizzy and like she wanted to throw up.

"Evelyn? Evelyn, are you...." Asks Kite. Evelyn passed out. Kite picked her up in a cradle hold and carried her 50m. They were halfway to the house when the front door opened. Daniel was the one who walked out. He just stood there. But he was looking around. He then spotted Kite carrying Evelyn. He rushed over.

"What happened?" Asks Dan worriedly.

"I can't explain what happened." Says Kite.

"Ok. But let me carry her." Says Dan taking Evelyn from Kite.

Dan walks to the house with Kite and Orbital behind him. When they walked inside into the hall and up the purple, half spiral stairs on the right. They went straight to Evelyn's room.

It was a large rectangle. There was a big window on the far wall. A bed on far right with a desk beside it, and a smaller desk on the other side. A dresser in front of the bed. Dan laid Evelyn down on the bed, touched her face and left with Kite still there. He looked at her. Then Dan asked something.

"Are you staying for dinner?" Asks Dan.

"Um.. I guess." Replies Kite.

"Ok, thanks." Says Dan, going down the stairs.

"I'm so sorry Evelyn." Says Kite.

"Kite! Dinner is ready!" Shouts Raven.
Kite looks at Evelyn one last time, and walks out if Evelyn's room and closes the door. He walks to the kitchen and stands in the doorway.

"Kite. Its been a while. Please, sit down."

"Um.. thank you." Says Kite.

"How's your brother?" Asks Dan.

"He's not well." Replies Kite.

"Oh. I'm sorry." Says Raven.

There was a awkward silence. Evelyn then walked in.

"Evelyn! You're okay!" Exclaims Dan.

"Of course I'm okay. Why wouldn't I be. Oh, Kite. Hi." Says Evelyn, walking over to the table and sat down.

"Kite. Why did you leave?" Asks Evelyn.

There was another awkward silence. Dan and Raven got up with there plates and left.

"Please Kite. You owe me that." Pleas Evelyn.

Kite is looking at the table. He sighs, and answers.