Chapter #15

The next day at school, Yuma waited all day long to ask Evelyn what was wrong. To Yuma, the day felt endless. When the late bell rang, Yuma frantically looked around for Evelyn. He couldn't see her anywhere.

"Man she's fast." Thinks Yuma. Running in the direction of his house. She still was nowhere to be seen. Yuma ran past his house and on to Evelyn's. And there she was, sitting on the front step. Evelyn looks up.

"Tori told me that you wanted to talk to me. So, what is it?" Asks Evelyn.

"Something's wrong, right? So, what's wrong? You can tell me." Says Yuma.

"Why do you care so much?" Asks Evelyn.

"Because, I'm your friend. Friends help each other through hard times. And I won't tell anyone." Says Yuma, while Astral appears.

"Fine. You win." Says Evelyn, giving in. She takes a dreep breath.

"When I was in Grade 1, in a different town, we had Reading Buddy's. I wasn't very social. And I got Kite, as my buddy. We actually got along. Really well. We became more than Reading Buddy's, we become best friends. Then, one day, he left. No note, message. Nothing." Explains Evelyn. A tear appears in her eye. It falls down her cheek.

"Oh man. I'm so sorry." Says Yuma. Astral closes his eyes.

"And... I don't know why? All I want to know is why." Says Evelyn sobing.

They went silent.

Yuma looked at the sky. The sun was setting.

"Oh no! I can't be late for dinner! Not today!" Exclaims Yuma.

Yuma jumps up, but stops.

"Are you going to be okay?" Asks Yuma.

"Ya. I'll be okay." Says Evelyn, wiping away her tears.

"You can go." Says Evelyn, getting up and walking to the door and, going in side.

"Evelyn." Says Yuma. But she was gone. Yuma started walking back to his house, with Astral at his side.

"Yuma, are you troubled?" Asks Astral.

"Yeah." Replies Yuma.

"Why?" Asks Astral.

"Because, Evelyn is different from the duelist we first met. She's sad, and alone. We have to get her mind off of Kite. Make Tori and the gang her friends." Explains Yuma.

"You can't make someone forget there old friends and make them get new friends." Says Astral.

"I know." Says Yuma.

"You can't interfere with her life Yuma. If she befriends Tori and the others, then fine. But if not, then that's okay too." Explains Astral.

"Ok. Wait! I'm late!" Exclaims Yuma, running the rest of the way home.