Friday: The Dance

Before I get started, I just realized I got 100 reads today!!! Thanks so much. Maybe we could get it to 300? Maybe not soon but it's a goal! If you filled out the questions in the comments, this is the chapter where I'll add you into it.Thanks again for 100 reads! Enjoy!

-m

Marco's pov
"Star, why are you going with Tom? I mean there's so many other boys you could go with at school! What about Oscar?" I say. I really don't want Tom to hurt her, in her heart or physically. She says, "Eh, I'm over Oscar! Maybe Tom changed, I mean you had to see how happy he was when I asked him." I sigh, "Well, that's what you said last time and Tom tried to like, kill me! I just don't think it's a good idea..." She mutters, "Well I would've gone with you instead if you didn't ditch me Marco." I shut up. "Um, I better get ready..." I walk out of her room in silence. I hear her call her friends, Olivia and Eliza. Wait. Why am I listening through her door.... I'm such a creep, god. I run back into my room and I see my ironed suit from the Blood Moon Ball on my bed. I pull it on and I brush out my hair. I put a bit of gel in it and I grab the money for the food and entrance fee and I put it in my pocket. "Star! I'm gonna go. See you there or whenever!" I motion for mom to get her car keys and I grab my phone. She says, "Marco! Get in the car! We are picking up Jackie now." I get a text from Jackie and I open it.

Jackie: Hey Marco. I have family coming over so I'll be at the dance at 9 instead. We will still have an hour and a half to dance and what ever but I can't bail on my family. See you later!

Marco: Ok! See ya later!

I call for Star and she comes down in a long pink dress. "Wow Star! You look great." I say. She says, "I thought you left." I say, "I'm meeting Jackie later. So can I go with you? Or will Tom mind." She says, "Ok, but just until Tom gets there at 8. The dance starts at 5:30 right?" I say, "Yup. Do you have your money?" She nods and says, "OK! Eliza and Olivia will meet me there later with their friends from out of school, Zanna and Sophie." I give her a thumbs up. We get in the car and we talk until we get to school. "Bye, mom! Pick us up at 10:30." Star says, "Bye Mrs. Diaz!!!!!" We walk into the dance and it's packed already. We give the person at the ticket booth our money and we grab some food. Star says, "Wanna dance when we're finished?" I nod. Once we finish we start dancing to, Panda. Everyone's trying to sing the rap but they fail miserably. Star and I are laughing and dancing like crazy. Tonight's fun already.

Star's pov
Tonight's so fun! Marco and I are dancing and having a great time. I hear a new song come on and say, "What's this song called Marco?" He says, "Um.... It's called All of Me. It's a slow song...." I question, "What's a slow song?" He says, "When a boy and a girl dance, slowly together." He points to some people dancing together. I stand in silence. Is this like the Blood Moon Ball?! Will Marco ask me? What will I tell Tom if Marco asks me?!?! Marco says, "Wanna dance?"  I blush and I say, "Won't Jackie mind?" He says, "We're doing this as friends so it's ok." He puts his hands on my waist and I put mine on his shoulders. OMG OMG OMG. I see Eliza and Olivia come in with two girls, probably Zanna and Sophie. Olivia is wearing a purple dress and Eliza is wearing a light blue skirt and a white tank top. They're all whispering pointing at me and I just want to puke. I feel their brown eyes staring daggers at me. When the song is over I run off. I go into the bathroom and I sit in a stall. I think why did I do that! He has a sorta girl friend and I'm going here with Tom!!! I should've not let him. I hear a girl say, "Is Star in here, Eliza?" Eliza says, "Yeah, Sophie. I'm so happy for her! She has a boyfriend!" I walk out of the stall and Olivia says, "Hey Star! This is Zanna." Eliza says, "Yeah and this is Sophie." I wave. Olivia says, "I didn't know you have a boyfriend." I explain to her the situation about my crush on Marco. She says, "You should tell him." Then I say, "Well I'm going to this dance with a guy named Tom who has anger management and will get mad if I like Marco."

Tom's pov
"Hey have you seen Star Butterfly?" I say to a boy. He says, "She's in the bathroom I think." Then he walks away. I wait near the bathroom and I tell a girl walking in to look for Star Butterfly. She comes out with Star and some other girls and she leaves. "Star!" She says, "Hi Tom......" "Let's dance Star." We start to dance in the center of the gym with her friends. Then a slow song comes on I think it's called, I Know I'm not the Only One. I say "Star, may I have this dance?" She nods a little.

Star's pov
Why didn't I say no to Tom. Well only because I saw Marco and Jackie together. When the song is about half way done I say I need to use the bathroom. Tom sighs. "Can it wait, Star?" I tell him no. He looks annoyed but I run to the front steps of the school. I just sit and think. I decide I should just go home. I walk inside and I tell Tom I don't feel good and that I'm going home. He tells me to feel better and I go over to Marco when the slow song is over and I tell him that I need to talk to him in private. Marco nods and tells Jackie he'll be back soon. I am in the corner of the gym talking with Marco about Tom. Marco says I should've listened to him. I then do the unthinkable: I kissed (pecked really) Marco on the cheek and I scurry off outside the school.

Thanks for reading! Comment what you think! I'm still adding people into the story so just fill out the sheet from 2 chapters ago. Thanks Olivia and Eliza!