Chapter Fifteen: Dire Discoveries With The Moriarty To My Sherlock

A/N: Hey there, my lovely readers! I know this is an absolute dry spell but I don't know how else to unfold the varying layers in relationships. Maybe you could give it a read, and make suggestions? I'm all ears!

Make sure to FOLLOW ME to receive news about the latest updates and whatnot! 

Happy Reading x

I spent a majority of the afternoon in my newly assigned cubicle amid the sea of others. Just to be precautious, given my extraordinary navigational abilities, I wrote my name out with a golden sharpie onto a sheet of paper and stuck it to the door. It was a simple glass-walled space with a teak wood desk and a revolving chair. There was a pin board framed to the wall and a bamboo plant growing out of a flowerpot completed the aesthetic.

Since I took a little longer than expected to grab Collin's schedule earlier, we hadn't had time to sort through his 'personal tasks' and his entire day was reserved for the shoot. After referring with his dietary chart and ensuring that a Nando's grilled chicken with lime and herb peri peri sauce order was on its way for his highness' lunch, I went back to Bridget for further instructions and found myself become another occupant in the castle of glass.

I popped my laptop open for the first time since I got to the UK and started flipping through Collin's file to see if I could find out anything about his bizarre life. While irritation and annoyance topped the list of emotions that I experienced upon hearing his name, there was curiosity too somewhere in there.

Apart from his birth certificate that revealed his birthplace as Dublin and his father's name as Charles, there was nothing of personal significance. Didn't you strike a pact that 'personal' was off the table?, my conscience hinted but I shushed it. The piece of information that Jane shared with me about their foster care upbringing made me quiver slightly.

Opening the web browser, I tried my luck by entering the Devil's name into the search box. A string of newspaper articles were listed as top results, each spotting the 'brooding bachelor' with a constantly upgrading 'most eligible woman' by his side. I ignored the latest one being one of me and turned my attention to the wiki page.

Collin Rory Abrams is an Irish model

Born: February 03, 1997 (age 19), Dublin, Ireland

Height: 1.91 m

Parents: Charles Xavier, Martha Abrams

Siblings: Robert Abrams

My feline features overpowered my actions and made me click on the sibling's name, redirected to images of Robert.

Lewis' boyfriend Robert!

They were brothers? What the heck, why was all of this so complex. I was scrolling through his pictures but I couldn't find any of Collin and Robert together. I stopped at one where Robert was kissing a guy who had his back faced to the camera. I wondered if it was Lewis, or maybe someone before him. Nonetheless, it made me happy to see them publicly relaying their affection.

So, Collin's brother is currently dating Lewis. Collin used to date Chloe... I'm guessing. And he lives in their house? Literally, there were so many holes in this story that I was unsure of which gaps to start guess-filling.

I heard a knock on my door and looked up suspiciously fast, hoping whoever it is was not Collin and that they wouldn't realize that I was pulling an albeit lower IQ Sherlock. It was a middle-aged brunette who looked panicky.

I calmly smiled at her, and let out an expectant, "Yes?"

"Are you Mr. Abrams' assistant?" she asked in between huffs. Did she run here?