Chapter Twenty Three: Dealing With The Remaining Specimen Of The Idiot Line

A/N: Hello, my favorite people EVER!

40k Views? 1.5k Votes? You guys are ridiculous and I love you so much! I'm so sorry about this excessively long hiatus but College just hit me really hard all of a sudden and I just couldn't find the time to write anymore.

Regardless, I'm back again with a brand new chapter and I hope you like it!

Happy Reading! x

I lazily walked out of AP Calculus on Friday afternoon and Ms. Lauren's voice drilling through the PA system was barely audible amid the noisy corridor chattering. I had been up studying late last night and the exam panic was starting to set in. These were typically the worst weeks for me during a semester.

Silver lining: Watching Nicky the Bitch competes with Brandywine tomatoes for the perfect shade of red.

Jake hadn't been the forerunner in this Misery-fest like he promised since he had a job now so I had to come up with ways to prank her every day of the week myself. After soaking her locker in honey, flushing whatever paraphernalia I could find in there down the drain, 'accidentally' having a freshman knock her spaghetti-filled tray onto her in the dining hall and tipping off the Principal about her junkie spots, I was having a tough time accepting that all my oh-so-bright ideas came from Mean Girls.

The only one that really worked so far was messing with the boy.

How twisted is it that the name of the guy in the movie was Aaron too!

What? That's totally important.

"Melissa?" I turned around to face the owner of the voice.

"Oh, hey Trevor. What's up?" I asked casually, thinking about the Gilmore Girls' reruns that I would set up when I got home if I didn't pass out first. Finals were crazy.

"So what time should I come by?" he said timidly, adjusting his glasses.

I arched my eyebrows, trying to recollect if we were given an assignment in class but came out blank. My brain cells were gradually withering from all the excessive cramming. I wiggled my head inquisitively.

"For the -movie?" he said, before adding a low, "-you forgot."

Feeling the guilt surge through me as I mentally facepalmed myself, I quickly nodded a 'no'. He looked unconvinced so I added a dismissive hand waive.

"Of course not. What time were you picking me up again?" I sputtered awkwardly, through artificially stretched lips.

"Well, I actually don't have a car- I'm so sorry, I didn't even think this through. I'm sure the guys you go out with all have..." he began rambling.

Wary of my next move, I placed a comforting hand on his shoulder to steady him and said, "We're friends. I don't have a ride right now either. It's fine. Do you want to come over to my place and we can walk to PVR? It's only a few blocks away."

He gave me a meek smile after a moment or two and a slight nod, before turning on his heels and striding in the opposite direction.

Well, that went well. Maybe, all my dates needed a pep talk from me first. That's definitely not how I remember it to be.

Walking out to the parking lot of school, I notice that it's nearly empty. I looked up at the sky as it glimmered in a quiet gold, and wondered if the sun rose a little different over the weekends. It seemed a little more pleasant, more warm and inviting. It made my heart ache slightly for a mid-afternoon nap.

Yes, I have superfluously meta thoughts.

My head snapped around when I heard loud honking behind to see the silver Lamborghini comes to a slow stop. I was grinning already. Rushing up to the driver's door, I yanked it open and wrapped my arms around the guy who's barely made it out of his seat.