Chapter Seven: No Need To Import The Turkey

A/N: This was fast! I'll keep them coming as you keep up with the VOTES/COMMENTS. xxxx

Make sure to follow me to receive news about the latest updates and whatnot! 

Always a pleasure writing for ya'll! :)

"Watch out for the sharp bits," I cautioned Jake when he returned with the dustpan. 

He had missed all the action. Lewis walked out the house, still shirtless, with Chloe hot on his lead. It was a private conversation so it was best that we weren't hanging around.

"Is that blood? What happened in here!" my best friend asked pointedly, breaking out the Clorox wipes. I shrugged, not giving him a concrete answer. It wasn't my place to tell.

"And how am I supposed to explain the hole in the window to mum?" Jake gestured dramatically.

Ignoring his grunts, I focused on the headline that just broke. 

Lewis is gay. 

I was surprised that I didn't catch on. I could usually tell that type of thing, but there was something about Lewis that was so wholesome. It's hard to put him in any box.

Maybe it was Chloe's comment about his psychotic ex-girlfriend that also threw me off? If the window punching was any indication, she had no clue until now either.

Of course, the news didn't bother me nearly as much as it did her

In hindsight, I began drawing inferences. He was too modest for someone with his looks, and never boastful about his wealth. He was a perfectionist when it came to appearances, but never in a way that was hurtful. There was an air of timidity that surrounded him, much like most teenagers, that made him so deeply personable. 

So the fact that he shared this sexual orientation wasn't what made him different. He was different because he had an incredible heart, despite silently bearing his own insecurities.

Lewis was a gem of a person. I was certain that, as his twin, Chloe would see that soon.

With that sweet revelation in mind, I marveled back to the party. It had been an epic way to start the year, and kick off football season. The boys would be busy through November after this spell, and I was glad we had last night to cherish.

"Have you heard from Nate?" I asked Jake, trashing the shards into the bin.

He looked at me like I was a lunatic. "He downed a twelve-pack of beer. His hangover will last till Christmas."

"Lewis, wait up!" I yelled to him.

It was Monday morning and history was the first lesson of the day. I hadn't spoken to Lewis all weekend, mostly because he evaded my texts, but I was hoping we could chat now. 

We sat in the last row of the classroom, Jake, Lewis and I. Chloe walked in moments later but she sat up front.

"How is everything?" I whispered, keeping my eyes fixed on the teacher ahead. 

My intention wasn't to pry but to let him know that he's got a friend in me.

He slumped his shoulders, not bothering to verbalize a response. I slowly nodded. These matters usually improved with time, so I was holding out hope for the best. 

Jake tried to eavesdrop on our conversation but Mr. Hart threw a piece of chalk in his direction every time he even tilted his head. 

"Well, I think you're a rockstar," I said, pursing my lips into a small smile.