Chapter 3

Jedediah Williams pulls his ranch pickup up to Traven and Raely's house. Noticing action at the twins sand pit he heads over there first. Half way there Markus and Jakeston run to him screaming their nickname for him. He notices that they are both covered in sand which would make sense, they are boys after all.

"Jedi, we are having a sand fight!" Markus declares as Jakeston disappears.

"I see that you look like you ate some too." Jedediah chuckles. As a sand ball hits his back Jedediah looks up to see the most beautiful women he had laid eyes on walking towards him. He had to bite his cheek to keep from laughing. Her hair was a mess with sand all in it, but that just added to her beauty.

"Uh, I'm Jedediah Williams is Rae- Raely around?" He stumbles over his words.

"Momma is riding." Markus tells him as yet another sand ball hits him, this time on the shoulder.

"Aubrey Newben. Nice to meet you." A blush covers her cheeks under the ingrained sand.

"You too." Yet another ball hits his back, this time he spins around and scoops the laughing Jakeston up and carries him to the sand pile with Markus following in fits of laughter. A little boy that looks to be about the same age as the twins follows behind Markus half heartedly.

Jedediah covers the still laughing boy in the sand.

"You little turkey! No more throwing sand at me!" He tells the boy good naturedly while tickling him. Markus jumps on his back and takes his hat off revealing Jedediah's light brown hair. The other little boy Jedediah had heard Markus call Cole dumps a bucket full of sand on the top of his head. Jedediah shakes his head like a dog that just got out of water sending the boys and Aubrey into fits of laughter. The fact that he had made a beautiful girl, that he would like to get to know, laugh made him giddy. When he shakes his head it sends sand flying in all directions. Jakeston, Markus and Cole throw sand at him, giggling their childish giggles.

Jedediah throws sand back delighting the children. Cole throws a fistful at Aubrey bringing her back into the fight. After he throws a ball at Markus, Jedediah discreetly throws one at Aubrey. She shrieks and double fires both fistfuls at him. He laughs and throws more at her.

"Momma! I buried Markus!" Cole declares running up to Aubrey and pointing to the sand covered boy. Jedediah stops short and a confused look over takes his face.

"I see! Very good," Aubrey praises. She glances at Jedediah, her face falls. It was nothing new, every guys she has met since she got pregnant has ran at the first sign of Cole being hers. She should be used to it by now.

"Jedi are you staying to eat?" Markus asks from where he sits in sand.

"I don't know buddy I probably ought to get home so I can feed." Aubrey tries not to let her disappointment show. Wasn't there a guy on this planet that could except that she had made a wrong move? No! She couldn't let those thoughts get to her.

"Miss Aubrey when's Momma gonna be home?" Jakeston asks sitting down in her lap.

"She should be home soon," she tells the child.

"Can we go inside?" Markus asks uncovering himself.

"Sure are you two ready?" With nods from Jakeston and Cole she stands up from her spot in the sand. She picks Cole and Jakeston up at their request and bends to pick up Markus up.

"I'll take him." Jedediah hastily picks Markus up with a small smile in Aubrey's direction.

"Thank you," she mutters as he opens the door allowing her to go in first. As they walk in the house Raely rides up to the barn to unsaddle. As she turns her horse a loose Traven pulls up.