Chapter 37

With many "I'm sorry"s from Aubrey and "it's perfectly fine"s from Jedediah they decided that it is best they take their honeymoon at a different time than planned. Now a couple of days later Jedediah is riding one of his favorite mares along side his buddy Traven.

"How's Aubrey been with- you know what happened and all?" Traven asks regretting the question as soon as it came out of his mouth.

Jedediah shrugs. How much should I tell him? He is my best friend but nobody know what happened. "As well as expected I guess. She tells me she didn't mean to ruin our honeymoon and that she is sorry, but that's about all the talk that is said about that. I'm just glad we get to start a new trail together."

Traven nods with a small smile on his lips. "That's a good way to look at it." The conversion falls flat after that as they ride toward Jedediah and Aubrey's house where they had left from earlier that morning.

As they ride into the lot behind the house Traven gestures to the drive way. "Hey man, you expecting company?"

Jedediah follows his gaze and his eyes land on a unfamiliar sports car. "No, I don't know who that would be."

"Here let me take your horse and unsaddle her then I'll be up. You go on ahead."

Jedediah nods. "Thanks man." He swings his leg over the back of his worn saddle and steps to the red dirt ground. Not bothering to remove his leather leggings he strolls toward the intruding vehicle. The closer he gets to both the car and the house he notices who it is as he sees the guy sitting on the little step leading up to the front door. "Can I help you?" He asks as polite as possible.

The guy jumps a bit before springing to his feet. "Uh, Jedediah right?"

Jedediah nods as he extends his hand. "Yes and you are?"

"Samuel. Samuel King."
***

Aubrey walks in between Jenny and Stacy up to the nail salon in Lubbock. Cole is spending the day with his new grandparents while she has a girls day out and Jedediah enjoys a ride with his friend.

"Soooooooooo," Stacy drags. "How's it being a married woman?"

A deep blush graces Aubrey's cheeks and she smiles a mile wide. "It is different but definitely in a good way."

Jenny bumps her with her hip. "We can see that by the smile on your face. What's it like waking up with your man beside you every morning?"

"It's amazing!" She pauses and looks up. "It is like I can feel the love." Both of her friends smile warm smiles and encircle her in a hug.

"You deserve it girl," Jenny says.

The rest of the short walk to the salon door is spent in a comfortable silence. When they enter the salon they are greeted by a young woman with dark brown hair and a bright smile. Quickly they make it over to the wall of colors and begin to suggest ones to one another. In the end Stacy goes with a bright pink, Jenny with a soft blue and Aubrey with an autumn colored orange.

The young lady that had greeted them leads them to three massage chairs beside one another. She goes to the back of the salon to grab the supplies needed for their mani and pedicures. When she comes back two other bright young girls are with her ready to begin their job.

"Aubrey, is Cole going to stay with mom and dad when y'all take your honeymoon?" Stacy asks with a glimmer of mischief in her eye.

Aubrey laughs at the way she asks the question. "Well that was the plan, but I don't know if that will work since we have decided to take it later. Lacey wants to spend time with him too, but-" her voice drifts off and she looks at her two friends.

Jenny nods at her. "We understand, you aren't sure if you want that to happen when you aren't there with them yet. It makes perfect sense. He is your baby after all."

"Momma bear in the house!" Stacy jokes.

Aubrey rolls her eyes playfully. "What can I say? I have my brood now!"

"That's right! You own that mother wife role girl!" Jenny adds in.

When they notice the other people looking at them a little annoyed they realize how loud they have indeed gotten. With a look at one another and a school girl giggle they quiet down and settle into their chairs.

With the massaging chair working on her back and the water running over her feet Aubrey leans back and relaxes. All the stress of the wedding is over, she has her husband and little boy with her every night and the three of them have a fountain of love for one another. In her restfulness in that moment she lifts her praises to The Lord. She is reminded of Genesis chapter 14 verse 20, "And praise be to God Most High, who delivered your enemies into your hand." Maybe her enemies aren't huge armies like Abraham's in that verse, but more that they are worry, fear, and exhaustion.
***

"Well Samuel what can I do for you?" Jedidiah asks as he pours a glass of tea for each of them. Sure he knows who this guy is and honestly hates his guts, but he also knows who Jesus is and that he calls us to show kindness and love to everyone.

The light brown headed man that is probably not much younger than Jedediah, but that time has not been quite so nice to scratches his small beard and looks up. "I think you know what I am here for."

Jedediah takes a deep breath and nods. "That is true, however I think we should deal with this in a civilized way. It will be better for everyone that way."

Taking a drink from the glass Samuel nods. "Sounds reasonable." He then leans up on the table closer to Jedediah who has settled into a chair across the table from him. "Give me my son and woman back and nothing bad will happen."