Chapter 3

Raven's POV

I woke up sweating and gasping for air like I normally do. I slide out of bed going to my kitchen getting something to eat before me and Lyra go and train.

"Lyra" I yell glancing in the living room on my way to the kitchen. She rubbed against my leg her head ending at my waist.

"How much bigger are you going to get?" I wondered out loud.

"I hope your not asking me" I heard in my head.

"No silly cat. I'm not asking you anything'' I told her with a blank stare. And no I'm not crazy, I can understand her because my soul is tied to her's it's a clan thing. We have spirit animals which means there us in animal form. We are part of them and they are part of us. Might sound slightly complex but really it's not it's like having your soul in two different containers.

I grab something to eat and make my way outside Lyra hot on my trail. As we make it to the training grounds people avoiding us the whole way here.

"Okay, so what would you like to start with?'' I ask Lyra

After she just shrugged her furry shoulder's telling me she doesn't really care what I do first.

''I guess I'll start with fire release'' I muttered to myself

I quickly do the hand signs for Fire Element; Fire Dragon Missile and aim my now fiery breath at a poor unsuspecting tree.

"Oops...." I say

"How did you do that?" I quiet toneless voice says from behind me making me shriek up an octave.

"Kami" I say hold my hand over my racing heart.

"What in the world are you doing here?'' I asked him after my heart slowed.

"How did you do that?'' He asked again ignoring my question completely.

"What do you mean how did I do that?'' I asked slightly confused as to what he was asking.

"You shouldn't have enough chakra to complete that jutsu." He told me with a glare.

"Well.... I do?'' It came out sounding more like a question and less like a statement.

"Now I answered you questions. Answer mine,'' I told him sternly my hands settling on my hips.

"Hn'' He grunted

"Well? I'm waiting."

"I followed you" He told me after a beat of silence.

I looked at him for a little bit wondering if he was telling me the truth

"I want you to fight me'' He said looking me straight in the eye making me blush and look down avoiding eye contact.

"I-I don't know" I told him stuttering over my words slightly.

"I guess'' I stated after a while.

"When and where?'' I asked

"Here and now" He said looking at, analyzing me. Looking me down from my head to my toes making me squirm under the scrutiny.

I watched him as he made hand signs for a fire style jutsu. He sucked in a huge breath and let it out in the form of giant balls of fire. I quickly did the hand signs for Water Element; Water Wall. I made a wall of water big enough to protect me but not giant. After the fire went out Sasuke ran at me, attempting to sweep my feet out from under me. I jumped out of the way going to kick Sasuke in the back only for him to grad my foot and pulling me forward hard.