Chapter 8

"Oh, no. Not really. Kind of sore but nothing too bad." I said gently stroking it where I had stepped on it earlier.

He didn't say anything just shot my a tight nod. His eyes scanning my face. Our mini conversation was interrupted by Kakashi appearing in a puff of smoke.

"Good morning everyone." He said as he was met with the eyes of his four genin.

____________________________________________________________________________________

"You're late!" Yelled Naruto and Sakura.

"A black cat crossed my path this morning so I had to go the long way." He told us with a slight shrug.

I jumped down silently, making Naruto jump subtly.

"Well lets get started." He said acting as if he didn't hear the groan of annoyance from his two brightly dressed students.

"Huh?'' Voiced Naruto as he watch Kakashi set a timer on a stump.

"We''ll set this for noon." He said as he pressed the timer down.

"Your assignment is very simple. You just have to take these bells from me, that's all there is to it." He told us as he jingled 3 bells in our faces.

"If you can't get them by noon, you have to go without lunch. You'll be tired to those posts and be forced to watch as I eat my lunch in front of you." He said as he pointed to the 4 posts in front of us.

At that you could hear the sound of growling stomachs.

"So that's why he told you all not to eat breakfast." Lyra stated in my head.

"Wait they're only three bells. And four of us." Sakura states breaking out of her hunger induced pout.

"Well that way at least one of you will be tied to a post and disqualified for failing to complete the mission. That one does back to the academy" He told us all with an air of carelessness.

"Than again all three of you could flunk out too. You can use any weapon including shiriken. If you're not prepared to kill me you won't take the bells" He finished ignoring the angry noise form Naruto.

"Those weapons are too dangerous sensei!" Sakura exclaimed.

"Especially sense you couldn't even dodge that eraser." Naruto said with laughter in his voice.

"Class clowns are usually the weakest links, you can safely ignore them. Lowest scores. Losers." Kakashi said angering Naruto further.

"When I say start you can begin." He said stopping Naruto's attack a beat later.

"Don't be in such a hurry. I didn't say start yet." He told us, hold Naruto's Shiriken against his neck.

As Kakashi let Naruto go, Sakura, Sasuke and myself backed away. Wary.

"Wow he's fast" I told Lyra in my head.

"But you came at me with he intent to kill. So, how can I say this? I'm actually starting to like you guys." He told us.

"Get ready. And~ start." He told us.

As he said that all four of us jumped away. Me and Lyra darted into a tree to his left. We sat in the tree and watch Kakashi from above. He surveyed the surrounding area. Than stopped short when he saw Naruto standing out in the open, proudly.

"He really is quiet different isn't he?" Lyra asked as he leaped away from the scene.

"Very much so." I replied a bit distracted as I tried to sense everyone's chakra.

"You mean as you try to sense Sasuke's chakra." Lyra told me smugly

I didn't answer her, just rolled my eyes and continued. We sat in the tree, not moving and not making any sound. Until I sensed a spike of chakra to my left. Lyra and I both hit the ground with a dull thug. I landed in a crouched position. We walked into a clearing, seeing a head sticking from the ground. As we got closer I let out a bark of laughter at the sight.

"If you're just going to stand there and laugh than just go." Sasuke told me in a pout.

"I'll help just hold on a second." I told him trying to suppress my laughter.

After I had calmed down I quickly helped him up out of the ground.

You're welcome." I told him as he brushed the dirt off himself.

"Do you want to work together?" I asked him looking more at his feet than anything.

"No. I have to get stronger." He said as he headed the other way.

"Rather rude huh?" Lyra asked.

"Yeah." I replied as I wanted him walk away.

"So looks as your next." Came a bored voice from.

Both Lyra and I's heads snapped to the opening to the clearing to see a rather bored looking Kakashi leaning up against a tree.

"Yeah, I guess so." I answered.

"What do you want to do?" Lyra asked me, growling lowly in the back of her throat.

"Morph attack" I answered back.

She didn't speak just nodded. When we morphed it just meant that we combined our souls into one body. My features got sharper, my canines sharper. My chakra reserve grew, doubled.

"So this is the power of the great Rabureisu clan eh?'' Kakashi asked bored.

"No, not even close." I said my voice coming out rougher and distorted.

We rushed at him faster than an untrained eye could catch. This wasn't really a jutsu. It was a clan ability. It magnified our strength and speed but it was draining. I need to get a bell fast. Before we were forced to separate again or I past out.

"So what's the plan?" I asked Lyra.

"Well the main objective is to get at least one bell." She told me watching Kakashi, looking for weak spots.

"He seems to favor his right side." Lyra told me after she assessed Kakashi's stance.

I just watched him for a moment, getting used to his movements. After a moment I made my move. darting to his left, throwing a punch aimed or his side. When he dodged and advanced towards me I quickly moved back, away from the flying fist.

"You're fast." he told me looking impressed.

"Yes I am" I threw back with a smirk as I quickly made my second move, trying to sweep his feet out from under him.

He threw a kunai wounding my arm. I hissed at him when he landed a couple feet out from me. 

"BRINGGGG~" The alarm rang as soon as I went for a kunai to throw at him.

We all met up at the stump.

__________________________________________________________________________________

I really need to post something!! Sooooo here it is!!