Leaving

Hope you enjoy the story!
************************************************************************
Demetria's P.O.V

I ran around the room grabbing everything I could and stuffed it in my suitcases. I grabbed Mia's toys, clothes, and food. Luckily her little pop up crib fit in my largest suitcase. When I was done I ran down stairs and out the door. Emiliegh was already there waiting in the car with Mia in her car seat. Thankfully earlier that day I had her babysit.

I put my suitcases in the car when I realized I left one. Shit. I got out of the house when he was in the bathroom. I ran back to my room to get the last suitcase. Thankfully he was still there. I can't take another confrontation. The past few weeks he went from verbal to physical. It first started when he was yelling at me to get a better paying job when Mia started crying. He got angry and went to slap her. I got in the way and instead he slapped me. I couldn't believe he was going to slap his 2 year old daughter. This went on almost every other day along with his verbal abuse every few minutes when I was home. Yesterday is when it happened that I decided to leave. He got angry again but instead of going to Mia he punched me in the face knocking me out for a couple of minutes. I woke up in a panic running to Mia to see if she was okay. She had a hand mark on both cheeks and she had a puffy bruise forming below her left eye.

As I went downstairs with the suitcase right as I got to the door he stepped in front of me. "Where do you think you're going bïtch?" He spat. I could smell the alcohol on his breath and knew he was drunk. He practically always was. I gulped as I looked up to see his face. When I didn't answer him he went to throw a punch. My 3 years of training in boxing and self protection class kicked in. I stopped his lazy punch and then kicked him in his side which made him fall off balance and hit the floor. I grabbed my suitcase and ran out the door.
***********************************
1 MONTH LATER
***********************************
Demetria's P.O.V

        "Demi...Demi!" Emiliegh yelled from downstairs. "Ugh!" I got up and went to see what she wanted. "Good morning!" She said cheerfully. "Whatever." I grumbled. She just woke me up at 8:00 in the morning! And I was having a really good dream too! Edward and Jacob from Twilight where fighting over me. Of course I would go with Jacob. Who could resist those abs? And you bet in my dream he was shirtless! "Why did you wake me up?" I asked. "You don't even have cheesecake!" I cried. She just rolled her eyes. "Well today we are going up to the school to get you enrolled. We need to be there by 11:00." She replied. "Do I have to go to school?" I whined. "Of course! It's Holiday and New Years break for everyone so you will start at the beginning of the second semester."
"But do I really have to? Can't I just sleep, eat, and take care of Mia?" "Demetria April Evens you just turned 17 you need to go to school at least your last 2 years of high school! Or more like 1 and a half." She said as she put eggs, bacon, and toast on 2 plates handing me one. "Thanks... Ugh! Ok fine I'll go.... Just so you will stop bugging me!" Emiliegh was my best friend and my only one. We met one day at the park when my mom was still alive. We instantly became inseparable. She was there for me through everything. And I mean everything! But, sometimes she can be such a mom, even though we are only 3 years apart.

       After I got myself ready wearing blue jeans, a thin long sleeved shirt and a wind breaker I got Mia ready. When I was done and Emiliegh came down stairs it was 10:30. "Let's go the school is almost 20 minutes away with traffic." She called as she went out the front door. I grabbed Mia and headed to the car.

        "So do you expect me to make friends or something because I'm definitely not. This is going to be a nightmare!" " You will make friends Demi! You're sweat, kind, and you might not see it but so beautiful!" She exclaimed. " Sure sure. But, I'm also weird, awkward, and extremely clumsy." I mean last weak I was getting a plate out of the cabinet and the next thing I knew all of them came crashing down. I broke 5 out of the 20 we had. "Yes you are those things too." She replied laughing. "But everyone will love that about you ones they get to know you!" She reassured. Ya unless they go running for the hills in fear of there safety, scared that I might drop 50 glass plates on there heads. We pulled up to the school and I got out to get Mia.

        "Hello! Welcome you must be Demetria! I'm the principle Mrs. Naylor." She said reaching out a hand to me. I shifted Mia to my other side and shook her hand. "It's nice to meet you." I said. "You too." Her eyes fell on Mia as she said this. "Oh and who is this little one? We do have a teen parent program and a daycare next door that we work together with." She said as she tickled Mia. Emiliegh must have seen the complete confusion and shock on my face as she quickly replied to Mrs. Naylor. " Oh no this is Demetria's little sister Mia. Although it will be useful to use the daycare next door when I'm working and she is at school." "Oh my apologies Demetria I didn't mean any shame to you even if Mia was your daughter. We do still offer free daycare to the student's younger siblings if they are in the predicament as yours." "Oh that would be very kind of you thank you." I said as I relaxed. "No problem come on now I have your schedule and there are papers both of you need to sign." She said ushering is to her office.

After we talked about the rules, dress code, and about the daycare for Mia we had to sign a ton of paper work. Like the stacks of books in the library of Hogwarts Harry has to go through to find out about something. And yes I am a Harry Potter fan, as well as Twilight. When we where all done Mrs. Smith said she would have liked to show us around the school but she had another meeting.

         "Let's go home I'm so tired!" I complained. I really wanted to get back to my dream I was having this morning, so I can drool over Edward and Jacob. "What? She said we can still walk around and find out where your class rooms are." She replied excitedly. She was so pumped for me to start so we would have some school gossip to talk about. "I'm too tired!" I repeated. "I'll just find my classes on the first day." "Okay." She said disappointed about not being able to see my school. "But I'm just so excited for you! Your starting in three days!" She squealed. Oh my gosh! I didn't even realize it was that close before I was starting school.

The past three days of my freedom I spent sleeping almost all day except for eating and feeding Mia cause Emiliegh did everything else. When the day came to go I woke up at 6:30. School didn't start till 9:00. I naturally woke up early, but I didn't even really sleep at all last night I was so nervous. Not even trying to dream about Chris Pratt calmed me down. And before you judge me Chris Prat is hot! I could watch Jurassic World and Guardians of the Galaxy a hundred thousand times. I just laid there staring at the ceiling thinking of all the things that could go bad until my alarm rang at 7:45.

I got up and took a shower trying to let the warm water relax me. I got out and blow dried my natural light brown hair. Thank god my hair didn't ever frizz. It was wavy, but I liked it like that. I went to my room to get dressed. I already picked out my favorite outfit. It was dark jean jeggings that made my butt look great! A light brown sweater with the fabric in a beautiful pattern at the top, and nee length boots with a slight heel that was the same color as my sweater. I looked in my full length mirror in satisfaction. I loved this outfit! It made my curves stand out, and it was comfortable.

As I got down stairs I smelled my most favorite breakfast in the world. Strawberry cheesecake with eggs and bacon! I love cheesecake! You mess with my cheesecake I mess with you! I'm not lying. When Emiliegh tried to take a peace of my mocha cheesecake I almost stabbed her hand when I took the piece from her fork and ate it. I ran to the table and sat down as she set a plate in front of me with the most mouth watering piece of cheesecake ever!

When I was done and had my bag ready it was only 8:06. Oh wow I got ready faster than I thought. I took this time waiting for Emiliegh to drive me to school and Mia to daycare to look at my schedule. I had photography - English ~ Lunch ~ Math - P.E. Not that bad of a day. Thankfully there was a map on the back of my schedule. The school was huge! 2 stories the same size with a 3rd floor that is smaller for the 2 gyms and 2 weight rooms. Even though the rooms where labeled with a letter then numbers the only thing it showed on the map was where the classrooms where with the letters. G wing was the 3rd floor. A, B, and C is on the first floor and D, E, and F is on the 2nd floor.

When I was done Emiliegh came down with Mia ready to go. "Lets go. You ready?" She asked me. "Nope. But, do I have a choice?" I asked popping the "p" in nope. "Nope." She replied doing the same thing.
***********************************

(A/N) I hoped you liked the first chapter! Next we will see Demi's first day of school!
Do you think it will go smoothly as she's hoping?
Please vote and leave suggestions for who should play Demetria.