Part 5: Getting along

*The next day*

Cory's POV

I got out of bed and went downstairs. Nobody was up expect Hood, who shockingly had a large pile of flowers next to her that she was making into crowns and necklaces. She was wearing a crown and a few necklaces herself. Other than that there was a pile of crowns and necklaces, ready to be worn.

"What are you doing?" I asked. Hood looked up at me, raising one eyebrow.

"Is it not obvious?" She asked back. I shrugged and pointed to the pile of crowns.

"Who are those for?" I questioned.

"You guys can have some. I'm gonna have extra." Hood said, shrugging.

"Okay, but who are they for?" I asked again, frowning.

"The orphans in the village." Hood said simply as she started another necklace. I felt half shocked. Hood didn't strike me as the type to know how to make flower crowns, let alone give them to orphans. Just then Jess came downstairs.

"FLOWER CROWNS!" She squealed as she ran over to Hood, who was pretty shocked.

"CAN I HAVE A PURPLE ONE?" Jess asked, half yelling half asking.

"Yeah. I wouldn't just not give you one if you asked." Hood said. She looked in her pile of crowns. She grabbed a purple crown and a purple necklace.

"Here Jess." Hood said standing up. She placed the crown on Jess' head and slipped the necklace on her.

"Perfect. Hair boy with love it." Hood said, going back to work. Jess' face turned a deep red.

"What?" I asked. Hood looked at me.

"Listen Camera boy. Jess here has a thing for Hair boy, the one she was sparing with. You obviously have a think for Shelby. Don't worry though, your secrets are safe with me." Hood said. I felt my face turn red. Even though I wasn't wearing my mask, I felt embarrassed about being called 'Camera boy'. Hood seemed to notice.

"What do you want me to call you?" Hood said not looking at me. Jess was now sitting by her, watching Hood weave flowers with super speed.

"Just call me Cory." I said, the blushing starting to fade.

"Alright Cory." Hood said, finishing up one last necklace.

"Do you two want to go into the village with me to give these out?" Hood asked.

"I'll pass." I said.

"I'll go!" Jess said, picking up some crowns and necklaces.

"Anyone asks where we went Cory..... Just tell them the truth." Hood said. She had paused as if she was gonna tell me to lie to them.

"Let's go Jess." Hood said picking up the flower crowns and necklaces. The two of them walked out the door.

Jess' POV

I skipped along Hood as we walked. She had put on all the crowns and necklaces on. As we walked Hood picked more flowers, making them into rings and bracelets. She looked like some kind of flower goddess ready to bring happiness to everyone.

"Hood?"

"Hmm?"

"Why are you wearing all of those instead of carrying them?"

"It's easier. Plus the kids love it when I give it to them personally." It went silent for a minute or two.

"Hood?"

"Yes Jess."

"Why do you think I like Jin? And why do you think Cory like Shelby?" Hood looked at me.