Part 13- A new hero appears

*Years later*

???'s POV

I stepped onto the old prison grounds, my blond hair dangling into my face. I reached into my pocket and pulled out the pictures. One was of the prison, the other of my father.

The prison was in much better shape when my dad got out of here. The building looked new, now it looked old and crumbling.

My dad smiled up at me from the picture of him. Everyone said I looked like him but our eyes were totally different. His brown, well they were both once brown. He was blind in one eye making it look foggy. Mine are a stunning dark blue with flecks of gold.

I put the pictures away and walked towards the prison. My leather jacket flapped behind me in the wind. I felt like some kind of superhero. I walked to the prison and yanked open the door with ease.

No one was there of course. No one ever came to see them anymore. My boots tapped on the stone as I walked up some stairs. I turned right and opened another door with my key.

There in chambers of light blue liquid were the seven heroes or maybe it would be better to say the nine heroes. Each had a breathing mask in there chamber and they looked the same as they did the day they got shot. The chambers stopped the aging process till the overlords could find a way to control them.

I reached into my pocket and grabbed out a knife. I cut the wires on all the chambers and the liquid began to drain out of the chambers. A girl with long black hair opened her eyes first. She looked pretty I have to say with her long hair and hazel eyes.

She looked at me and then screamed, waking many others. I picked up my knife and stabbed at her chamber till a large piece of glass fell away from it.

"You can come out now." By now the liquid was gone and everyone was staring at us. The girl stepped out and looked at me. She was shorter than me and I felt my heart tug at the look in her eyes.

I turned away and broke into the other chambers. I got to one of the last ones when I got a look at the person inside. He had blond hair that fell into his eyes.

One of his eyes was foggy with blindness and the other was a light brown.

I shakily reached into my pocket and pulled out the picture of my dad. I head it next to this guy's face.

It matched.

My dad was once apart of the seven. Everyone had said he had only been 17 when I was born. So he's 17 now and I'm 16. I now meet my dad at 16.

I broke down the chamber and walked away to the last one as my dad crawled out. I looked in at the girl inside.

Her eyes locked with mine and it felt like I was looking at a reflection. At least for the eyes. Hers were a striking dark blue with flecks of gold. I broke down the chamber and the girl stared at me.

"You have my family's eyes." She whispered. I stared at her.

Is this my mom?

"Exactly like mine." She crawled out and stared at me then looked at my dad. She looked slightly younger than him about 15 or 16.

"What did you do?" She yelled at my dad. He looked down and backed away. She went to run at him but a girl with red hair held her back. I backed away and bumped into a guy. His hand wrapped around my arm and I stared up at him.

"Who are you kid?" He had red hair and looked pretty angry. I struggled to find my voice.

"I'm Leo. I came here to save you." My voice sounded braver than I felt. I began to calm down.