The final battle Part 2

Cory's POV

So we marched out the next day. We had our powers and our weapons back. The mood was very grim but we kept walking. Eventually we saw a large concrete building surrounded by chain fence, guards, traps and everything in between.

We marched up and I began to realize people pouring out of the woods to walk with us. Men, woman, children. Young and old. Rich and poor. Some had tattered clothes, others had nice clothes. A few looked like they were on their last legs.

"Do you hear the people sing?" The voice cut through the air, loud and clear. It was beautiful and soft like a bird's song. It was right next to me and I looked over. Shelby was smiling a little and I realized it was her who had sung.

"Singing a song of angry men." Other voices chimed in, the Le Mis song ringing clearly. They kept singing and I sang along.

"This is the music of the people who will not be slaves again." Anger began to creep into their voices. As we got closer to the gates the guards shot at us. Bullets flew by us as we were right in front of the gates. Max shot fire from his fingertips and melted the gate.

"When the beating of your heart!" Now it was shouts. No longer a song, a war cry. As we stepped towards the building the others were shooting their powers at the building. Chunks of rock fell down and dust rose all around.

"Echos the beating of the drums!" Was the last yell that we all rang out. We stepped into the building and suddenly shots rained down at us. We ran in, yells coming out from the crowd. I grabbed Shelby's hand and ran deep into the building, following the rest of the group.

The voice cut out again stopping me.

"Look Cory we are running out of time. I want the main points."

I nodded gravely.

"Of course sir."

We got to the Overlords room. He was a big man with black skin and white beady eyes. His skin flowed like a river of black. He stood up and shot Jin down in a strike of black lightning.

"JIN!" Jess yelled. She tried to rush to his side but another bolt of lightning struck out towards her. Leo sidestepped with amazing speed and brought up his sword. He screamed. It was a terrible sound, it sounded as if his soul was clawing it's way out of his body.

"Jin!" Jess had reached Jin. His face was a mess of burns and his eyes were closed. She shook him and he woke, spitting and screaming.

Shelby ran forward with Ross and they brought out their weapons. Ross hit the man on his head while Shelby threw her shield. The man roared with pain and punched Ross in the stomach, sending him flying. He caught Shelby's shield then snapped it in half. He struck out at her with his lightning.

I screamed and ran forward, moving crazily fast. I jumped in front of Shelby and took the bolt straight on. I screamed and I was sure my lungs would explode. The horrible sound escaped my throat as the electricity flowed through my body. I couldn't feel or move.

Then in a moment of pure terror, I felt my heart stop. My screaming cut off as I fell to the ground, my vision blurring. That was where my story ended.

"You poor boy. Died protecting your love." The man whispered and I nodded. There was the sound of a large door opening then closing.

"Welcome Sky and Delaney." The man said. I spun around and looked at my friends. They both stood there in white clothes, their hair fixed, no scars or bruises pocketed their skin.