How Is It That I Am Now So Softly Awakened II

Walking into the lobby from the elevator. She giggled as he pulled her closer to him. The large bodyguard she had encountered a few days ago looked up from behind the counter. He smiled. "Ohh little Ms. Hotpants, you clean up nice."

"Well thank you, Mr. Burly Bodyguard." She gave a curtsey. "I had a little help."

The Kid waved to Bosco and grabbed her hips tightly and walked her into his hotel suite. She had had a lot of champagne and couldn't stop giggling. The sound of her laughter as effervescent as the bubbles were.

She looked around the last time she had been in the room he had been on her as soon as she walked through the door.

He kissed her, forehead lightly pressing against hers and whispered in a soft longing tone, "Stay with me tonight."

"Well that's a given." She smiled her fingers curling in his hair.

"No." His voice firmer as his gaze met hers, searching her eyes for an answer. "All night."

"Ohhh I see." She then saw exactly what he was asking. Eventually she knew they would come to an end. He back to the world of glitz and glamour and she staring at his gorgeous face only through the cover of magazines.

"Well that's a given." She repeated shaking her head slightly yes.

"Good."

He kissed her, picking her up as she wrapped her limbs around him as he carried her to the bedroom. Fully expecting her body to be thrown on the bed as soon as they crossed the threshold, she couldn't help but feel a sinking disappointment as he laid her down softly on the satin covers. Unlacing the black leather straps slowly as they wrapped around her calves, he took off her heels and then stood up and walked away. She sat on the bed perplexed, crossing her legs in front of her.

He came back with a demo tape he wanted to play for her. His voice always so precise in his demos she wondered why he even bothered to make masters. As she sat there listening he rested his head on her lap. He felt her body underneath him move to the rhythm of the beat. As a writer she had always been very curious about his lyrics what they meant what she thought they meant to her and how he created some of his word combinations. How his songs always seemed more like a conversation, between he and an unknown, at least to the listener. Suddenly he felt her body lean back, looking up he watched as she craned her neck as much as possible to get a glimpse of the opened closet that was in the suite.

"Do you wanna look?" He questioned.

Saying nothing she jumped off the bed bounding for his closet quickly. He brought everything, some of his old costumes, outfits, jackets, and every fucking guitar his fingers had touched. He took all he could find, anything that he didn't want them to have or was afraid to leave behind. Their last tour hadn't done so well, and ended up costing the label. Now that The Revolution had quietly disbanded, his record company was looking for anyway to make up this difference that was owed them. He loved how the responsibility of payback somehow fell solely on his shoulders.

Wanting only to forget every thought as it entered his mind, he opened the door wider to watch Athina. Her words, her smile had been a wonderful diversion to the outside. He watched her as she shuffled through all the brightly colored fabrics. Looking just as excited as she did with the books but this time her hands were not afraid to run over the fabrics.

"They're so beautiful." The sequins and paisley and fur and ruffles, so brightly colored like a flock of exotic birds in his closet. She had remembered a few of them from his tours years before. She felt an old excitement begin to bubble to the surface, and tried to gather the strength to find some restraint. Turning to him his lips parted seductively, breath catching as he watched every subtle movement her hand made over the fabrics he had once adorned. She realized that any control she had been able to manage slipped away as if it had never existed.