Chapter 1: Cafe

"One hazelnut iced coffee please," I tell the worker my order. I reach down into my purse to grab my wallet as he inputs my order into the computer. I hand him the exact amount of money before he even tells me the total. I think he knew it wasn't necessary to tell me either. I come here pretty often and that's my usual order so I kinda memorized the price.

"Name please." He grabbed the clear plastic cup from the stack and a sharpie from the counter. He probably knew my name by now but he still asked.

"Lila."

He scribbled my name on the cup and put it to the side so his coworker could make the coffee. That was my cue to step to the side to wait so he could attend the other customers behind me.

My simple order was quickly made and I gladly take it. I proceed to the tables and pick out a nice one by the window. There were two chairs so my friend, that was supposed to meet me here 10 minutes ago, could sit if he ever shows up.

I was calmly sipping on my drink and scrolling through Tumblr until I heard shouting from a rowdy crowd of boys. My head turns to face the window and disappointment soon greets me.

Jungkook was supposed to meet me here alone. He's only been my friend since like forever and he knows I don't like his new irritating friends.

He and his friends were across the street just messing around. Hopping on benches, pushing each other, obnoxiously laughing. You know, guy stuff. I could hear them from all the way in here.

I see Jungkook holding his hands out, signaling them to calm down. I think he's telling them he'll be back.

And I guess I was right since Jungkook started crossing the street towards the cafe I was in. Time to put my poker face on. He steps through the door and quickly spots me at the table.

"Hey Lila. Sorry I kinda got caught up in something."

"I can tell," I say coldly while never taking my eyes off my phone.

"Come on, I'm sorry. They saw me on the way here and invited me to a party later. They said they'd wait until I was done hanging out with you," Jungkook explained.

"And you're going?" I asked surprised. "Bro, it's Thursday. Who throws a party on a Thursday?"

He looks up and rocks on his feet. "Um Yoongi."

I scoff. "Of course Yoongi."

"Well what do you expect? He's captain of the basketball team. Him and his friends throw some pretty cool parties since they know like everyone. It doesn't matter what day it is."

I keep my vision focused on my phone.

He sighs. "Do you wanna come too?"

I finally look up at him. "Wow really? That's so sweet of you to invite me!"

"Really?"

My face falls straight. "Yeah I just love crowded places that make me uncomfortable and want to punch everyone in the face."

He laughs at my sarcasm. "Okay, okay I get it." He sat down and realized something was missing. "Hey, you didn't get me my coffee yet."

"I don't buy coffee for friends that are late."

"Ugh fine. I'll be right back then." He gets up from his seat and goes to order his usual as well.

It was nice and quiet for like a second before the noise from those annoying boys across the street rose again. I look out the window to find Jimin, Taehyung, and Hoseok hitting on some girl who walked by them. Gosh, leave the poor girl alone. They were whistling at her like she was a dog or something.

I roll my eyes and try to divert my eyes from them but I can't help but keep staring. Have they ever heard of manners?

I probably should've looked away when I had the chance though. Right after the girl was out of their sight, Jimin looked towards the cafe and made direct eye contact with me. Not to mention he winked with a cheeky little smirk too.

I give him a look of disgust and pull the string that makes the blinds come down.

"Damn," Jungkook says when he comes back with his americano. "I didn't know you hated my friends that much."

"Well Jimin just winked at me and I don't appreciate that."

"It's cause you're pretty Lila."

"No," I say while dragging the word out. "It's cause he's a little fuckboy who winks at everything that has a pulse."

"Okay I know he likes a lot of girls but I wouldn't consider him a fuckboy," he defended.

"Whatever. Your friends aren't exactly angels though either. Tae's failing almost everything, Namjoon breaks everything in sight, Yoongi's a mean jock..."

"Are you done?" he cuts me off. "Those are my friends you know. And they're not as bad as they seem. Especially Jimin. I know you hate him the most but you have to start giving people chances."

I look down at my coffee without a word.

"Look Lila," he continued. "I know it was just you and me for who knows how long but I decided to open up and make more friends. You should get out there too. You can't just keep to yourself or just me all your life."

"I know and I'll try but you know I hate being too social. I mean I'm not a complete loner either but you know."

"Yeah I know," he said, patting my head. "But I gotta go. Love you Lila!"

"What do you mean? You just got here."

"I know but Jimin keeps messaging me to go. We have to help Yoongi set up for the party." He takes a final sip from his coffee before putting it back down on the table and fixing his beanie. "You know, you can still come too."

"I think I'll pass for tonight."

"Nice attempt at being social," he jokes before running out the door.

"Baby steps!" I call out after him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello! This is my brand new fic that I've been thinking about making for a while so I hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter.

Oh and just a few little heads up. Yeah I know that the members of BTS are not rude enough to be disrespectful to girls and stuff but this is just for character purposes and for the story. I know they are all little balls of fluff. And 2nd, for this story BTS are all in high school together even though their ages and age differences with each other make that kind of inaccurate and difficult. Let's just say they are all in high school in relatively close grades.

Anyways thank you for much for reading. Update up soon!