Chapter 5: The act

Jimin: I'm kinda in a complicated situation.

Me: and what does that have to do with me?

Jimin: well you're gonna be the one to get me out of it. It works both ways. You help me and I don't spill your deep secret to the whole school.

Me: orrr you could just not be an asshole and not obligate me to be something as crazy as your girlfriend

Me: plus aren't you with someone?

Jimin: yeah and that's the issue. I tried breaking up with her today and she "wouldn't let me"

Me: so??

Jimin: I told her I already had another girl but she didn't believe me. That's where you come in

Me: so I'm just a stand in basically? For how long? I can't pretend to date you forever

Jimin: well after a day as my girl you'll think differently ;)

Me: no.

Jimin: well in realistic terms, I'll say one month. Then after I can pretend to break up with you

Me: wait. If I'm going to be forced into this relationship, I at least want to be the one who breaks up with you

Jimin: ugh fine

Me: what am I going to tell Jungkook? He knows I don't like you romantically, or at all

Jimin: I'll come up with something. But you can't tell him it's an act

Me: he's my best friend. Why can't I tell him?

Jimin: cause my ex knows he can't lie for shit so she'll ask him and blow our cover

Me: fine..

Jimin: I'll pick you up at your house on Monday morning for school. Wear the stuff I bought you. Sleep tight babe 😙 goodnight

Me: gn.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sunday went by without a single text from Jungkook. I guess he was still hurt from Saturday's events. But in my defense he was the one who wanted us to hang with Jimin. Guess he's gonna hate me more now that we're "dating."

I smooth out the bottom of my skirt as I get up from my vanity. Jimin spent all of yesterday sending me hair and makeup tutorials which he claimed was not meant to be offensive. He just wanted it to match my new look.

Eventually I get a text from Jimin letting me know he's here to pick me up. I grab my backpack and swing it over my shoulders before heading downstairs and out the door.

Jimin surprised me as he was already out of his car, holding the passenger door open for me. "Um, thanks." I half-smiled as the gesture was genuinely sweet.

"Did you eat breakfast this morning?" Jimin asks as he gets back in and puts his seatbelt on.

I laugh slightly. "No, I never eat breakfast before school."

"What?" Jimin turns to look at me concerned. "That's going to change starting today. My baby needs to be perfectly ready for school every morning."

He heads to my favorite cafe despite my negations. Might as well take advantage of his offer. We step in only to see my giver of the silent treatment. He was retrieving his coffee from the clerk before he turned to spot us.

"What are you guys doing here? And more importantly what are you guys doing here together?"

I was trying to think of a gentle way to break the news to Jungkook but Jimin just blurted the news out.