Chapter 6: Studying

"Well that was a good first day," Jimin stated as he closed his car door.

"Yeah, only a few encounters." I rolled my eyes.

"You did good. You made it almost believable."

I turn to face him. "Almost?"

He laughs. "Well yeah. People have seen how I am with my girlfriends and how they are with me. And it's not like this."

The rest of the ride consisted of only the sounds of traffic. We were currently on our way back to Jimin's house. After achieving a solid B- on his quiz, Taehyung wanted to start tutoring immediately. Convinced he could completely turn his GPA around, he took advantage of my offer. Of course I agreed to start today, but I found it odd he offered to start at Jimin's place. Especially since he invited his whole crew to tag along.

Now that I think about it. I've never actually seen Jimin's frequently talked about house. If he can afford so much, I can't imagine what his house would look like.

We start to approach the far side of our neighborhood. The side that gives out the full sized candy bars on Halloween. The beautiful, antique yet renovated houses made my mouth open in aw.

"Home sweet home." Jimin said as he started to pull into the driveway of the biggest, most classy house on the street.

"Woah. How can someone afford this?"

"Well my dad is one of the biggest entrepreneurs around so.." Jimin explained as he turned the car off.

He gets out of the car and runs around it to my side to open the door for me. He takes my hand and leads me to the front door. The inside was even more amazing than the outside. Exquisite leather couches and paintings filled the rooms with a luxurious vibe that I thought I would never get to experience.

"It's so nice in here."

"Thanks. My mom took care of all the decorating." Jimin put his backpack down by the couch and resumed to take my own bag off my shoulders.

"Where is your mom?" I asked, shrugging my jacket off my shoulders.

"Probably not home. She usually never is. Always at the country club or on some far off island."

My heart kind of sunk at the thought of her careless absence. "And your dad?"

"Always working."

"Oh.. I'm sor-"

"Enough about them though." He takes my hand once more. "Let's go upstairs."

"Where?"

"Well up to my room of course." We can wait for the boys up there."

I started getting a little nervous. "Um, don't you think we should stay down-"

"Oh! Let me get some snacks. You can go ahead. It'll be the second room to your left."

I sigh and continued up the long curving staircase. I reached the second door as told and went inside. His room was at least 3 times bigger than mine, complete with a king sized bed, a huge flatscreen, a balcony and so much more. He even had his own bathroom.

I sat down on his bed and started feeling the soft, dark red material. I still wonder how anyone could have such a lifestyle.

I look at the framed pictures lining his dresser. Cute little Jimin with his parents on Christmas, Jimin with his parents at what seems like a dance competition, and many more treasured moments. It seems like he cares about them a lot, but just never gets the chance to be with them anymore. I almost feel bad for him.