Chapter 10: Red Solo Cups

It was 9:00 on a Friday night. And I, Lila, was about to attend my first unsupervised high school party at Taehyung's house. Jimin and I weren't even inside of the house yet and I could already feel the engulfing bass of the trendy music.

"Just stay close to me. I don't want anyone getting any ideas. People at these parties can get.. pretty wild." Jimin intertwines his fingers with mine and pulls me closer to his side.

"I think I can take care of myself."

"Not with the way you're dressed tonight. "

Jimin was right. This was probably my most risky outfit yet. Jimin didn't even pick it. I did. After wearing his oversized hoodie at school a few days ago after the coffee spilling incident, I've found my new favorite thing to wear. I thought my usual knit sweaters were the most comfortable things to wear until I was wrapped in Jimin's hoodies. Since then, he has lent me a few more, including the yellow Balenciaga one I'm wearing tonight. I paired it with some wide fishnet tights and the thigh high boots Jimin got me.

We finally entered Tae's home and I immediately knew why I have never been to one of these things in the past

We finally entered Tae's home and I immediately knew why I have never been to one of these things in the past. The house was packed with a hazardous amount of people, and not to mention 95 percent of these people were under some kind of influence. The music was turned up to a level that didn't even allow my thoughts to be processed correctly. Now I know why people make so many mistakes at these events.

I naturally clung closer to my fake boyfriend as eyes began to get drawn towards us. I can feel Jimin stiffen and I look up at him to see his jaw clench.

"I told you you were pretty."

"Ew," I stick my tongue out in disgust. "And I told you I wasn't. "

"Well according to the way these guys are looking at you, you should reconsider."

"Jealous much?" I joke. He would never be.

"No, you're automatically mine. Only mine. Even if it's for the time being." He roughly sits me down on a stool at the bar. "I'll be back. I have to go see Tae for a second. Stay here, look pretty, and don't drink anything."

Jimin disappeared within the crowd of dancing people and I was left surrounded by people I've only seen a few times in the halls. I spin around in the seat to face the bar where I was greeted by Namjoon. He was pouring himself a drink from an ombre yellow and pink bottle.

"Hey, Lila. Damn, you look great."

I jokingly run my hands down my body, "Thanks. Decided that if I was going to go out of my comfort zone at this party, might as well dress accordingly."

"Well it's definitely out there." Namjoon takes a gulp of his drink. "If you wanna get out of your comfort zone, you gotta try this drink. It's insane."

"Jimin told me not to drink anything though."

His smile grew enough to allow his dimples to be seen. "Does Jimin always tell you what to do?"