Chapter 8: Crossed Lines

The next day went as smooth as the first. Taehyung continued to excel in his studies more than before, Jungkook kept an awkward distance from Jimin and I, and the rest of the boys were getting more accustomed to my presence. I wish I could say the same about the rest of my classmates though. Not entirely convinced of my rapid union with Jimin, rumors began to be spread about us.

"She's only using him for his money. She has the brains to get into college but not the money. Why else would she be with him?"

"She already got with him. She must be really easy. Jimin would only like a girl like her for that reason."

This is what the air in the halls was filled with as Jimin and I walked through them hand in hand. I wasn't usually good with critism or insults and Jimin was starting to notice with the way I squeezed his hand harder in anger.

"Calm down," he whispered in my ear. "It's the end of the day and Kayla hasn't even been a bother. "

"You shouldn't speak so soon," I tell him with my sights set on Kayla walking down the halls towards us.

"Wow," she states as she approaches us. "Day 2 and you still seem to be together. From what I've been hearing, Lila is a one and done type of girl."

"Don't believe everything you hear, Kayla. Lila is a lot different from what's been going around."

I smile at his defense and we begin to leave when Kayla forces us to a halt. "Oh please. Cut the crap Jimin. There is no way you can really be dating this bitch. I know you. More than anyone here. I know you can't  last very long without your fix. So either you're cheating on her or she really has given it to you. Probably not as good as I have but that's what you get for trading me in for someone as worthless and inexperienced as her."

Before I could even coward down to the harsh words I just received, Jimin had already roughly pulled me to face him. In a matter of seconds he had taken my face in his hands and kissed me on the lips. Taken by surprise, I didn't react for a moment. I never gave him permission to do this. I would have pulled back and slapped him then and there if it weren't for his valuable information on me.

I was forced to kiss back. Only he didn't stop. Desparate to prove a point to his ex, he took the kiss to another level. He got his tongue involved and lowered his hands to my ass, pulling me even closer to him than I already was. I had no choice but to comply, trying my best to hide my repulsion.

I've only done this a couple of times and that was with Jungkook. He was convinced that we both needed a little practice before we got into our own relationships. He would spontaneously kiss me at times and then I became more comfortable with it even if I knew I wouldn't be doing that with anyone else for a long time. I guess I was wrong. I responded naturally while containing the emotions boiling up inside of me.

I slightly push his chest, giving him an unnoticeable warning to back off. He takes the hint and finally breaks the kiss. "I hope that answers your question Kayla," he responds in a dark manner.

Kayla tried to mask her bright red cheeks that were glowing from the embarassment of our actions. The hallway was now crowded with spectators who had observed our intense PDA in response to Kayla's assumptions. However, apart from humiliating his jealous ex, he pretty much validated the rumors that I've been hearing all day. I don't know what could be worse at this point. My reputation of being the school's most boring goody two shoes or my new role as an easy, boyfriend stealing bitch. Considering the looks we were getting from the public around us, the second one seems to be the winner. 

After Kayla disappeared from the scene, I bolted towards the nearest exit. "Wait, Lila!" I hear behind me. I try to increase my pace, but Jimin has already caught up to me. "What happened? I know that was a bit much but.."

I slap him on the arm as hard as my fragile body could allow. "Yeah, it was a bit much."

"I'm sorry, Lila. It was convincing though. She's never been humiliated that way.  Maybe she'll finally learn to stay out of other people's business."

"We could've done that without you crossing such a prominent line.  You know my secret. You should know why I'm so uncomfortable with such a big move when I hardly trust you." I start to walk away when he holds me back one last time. 

"Lila, I know what I did was soon but didn't you feel that? It was so perfect, like you really have done it before."

My heart sunk at the sound of his words. "I can't believe you."

He runs his hand through his hair. "No, I didn't mean it like that. I just meant-"

"I know what you meant. And that's okay Jimin. I was starting to think of you differently. But I knew one day of getting to know you shouldn't have been enough to change my opinion of you. You're exactly how I thought you would be. So from now on, I'll keep your deal, but that's it. I won't get close to you, Jimin."

I run away from him and attempt to hold back my tears. They inevitably fall as I race past Jungkook who was walking home with Namjoon and Yoongi. He quickly told the boys he had to go and rushed to catch up to me. I thought he would stop to interrogate me at that point but instead he just took my hand and kept running.

I was pulled all the way to the nearest park where he engulfed me in the biggest hug under a tree.

"First fight with your boyfriend?"

I look up at him more calm than before.  Jungkook's care was all I needed. I needed my best friend.  "Not exactly."

"Then?"

"He kissed me." I recall. "In front of everyone. "

His grip tightens on me just a little. "Well he is your boyfriend. And if you really like him then shouldn't that be a good thing?"

"No, I mean.." Crap. I couldn't tell him exactly what happened without blowing the secret.  "He just took it a bit too far in front of everyone. Have you not heard what they've been saying about me in the halls?"

"Of course I heard. Trust me, I haven't been too happy about that either. You're not that type of girl.  But Jimin unfortunately is that type of guy.  That's why I was so against you guys dating at first." He took a second to take a deep breath. "Then I saw you two by the pool yesterday. I knew I couldn't deny my best friend of a relationship with a guy she really liked, even if she despised him 24 hours prior."

"Really?" I didn't exactly know what he was talking about. I hated him before and I hate him now. I just thought I saw a little bit of good in him yesterday. I thought I saw his true colors and emotions, but I was obviously wrong.

"The way you looked at him.." Jungkook looked a little disappointed. I guess he was still put off by the fact that my relationship was built off of everything he and I both thought I would avoid. "..like the way I  wish you looked at me." Jungkook barely made his last statement audible. He mumbled it enough so I thought I misheard what he said.

"What did you say?"

He snaps out of his little daze and back into reality with the situation at hand. "Nothing. It was nothing. "