The Trip Part 3

THE NEXT MORNING.....

Ezra was already awake, he barely got any sleep. But Kanan next to him was still sleeping soundly, it was very early after all. The raven haired boy got up and sat around the extinguished camp fire, feeling tired.

"What to do now?Kanan is asleep and I AM NOT waking him up"Ezra said to himself but then that same voie came back again

"Ah, how strange"The voice said

"What is strange ?"Ezra asked out loud. He didnt feel like hearing the voice right now. 

"Strange that your Master took you on a Trip at this time isn't it ? You do know what your friends wanted with this trip right ?"The voice said. Ezra stayed silent, slowly realising what the point was.

"Your crew wanted to give themselves A BREAK from YOU. You are to no use to them. But I know how it is to be rejected by others and you are so strong. They don't see that but I do"The voice said in a creepy tone

"I'm...strong ?"Ezra asked

"Yes. YOUR friends and YOUR master do not see it. They think you are a worthless,pathetic streetrat"The voice said but Ezra snapped out of the trance he was in "Shut up, you dont know them !"

"....But I do... and I know that they WILL leave you sooner or later. Don't you remember your master IS BLIND and the apprentice of Skywalker IS DEAD because of you. Why would your crew ever want someone like you ?"

Ezra's mind was spiralling, he was overthinking everything, this was too much. His mind was screaming at him, giving him every reason to hate himself..

"GET OUT OF MY HEAD !!"Ezra yelled as Kanan stirred awake, now looking at his upset padawan

"Ezra ?"Kanan said still half asleep. The boy turned his head realising he woke Kanan up. 

"Oh..Master....um...good morning"Ezra said in response, he didnt want to alarm the worried man "...Good morning but are you okay ? Is there something wrong?"

"i...I'm fine...it's really nothing"Ezra lied. A silence set in between the two untill Kanan said "Hope you're hungry, there is something I must try"

Ezra looked over seeing Kanan look through another bag they found. He started getting out some type of equipment and setting it on the ground.

"What are you....?"Ezra asked curious at the man's actions

"I thought since we're outdoors, we could try grilling"Kanan said standing next to the grilling equipment, it all made sense now.

The older Jedi started working on setting up the grill while Ezra walked closer "Can you do it ?"

"Of course I can ! Dont worry Ezra" Kanan answered back but the smaller boy remained worried.

AFTER A FEW MINUTES...

"Finally done"Kanan said after he was finally finnished setting up everything. He just started the fire and already was putting on food items but...he seemed to hesitate.

"...Do you know how to grill? If you don't mind me asking...."Ezra asked from a distance. His master had previously placed him as far away as possible for safety. 

"Nope, no idea how to grill"Kanan said and put the first food item on the grill. The atmosphere was relaxed and nice..Ezra enjoyed it a lot. Reminded him of old times.

AFTER A FEW HOURS....

MAster and Padawan previously woke up at 7.00 and now it was 1.00 o'clock. At about 1.30 pm they started to eat.The grilled food could have been better but it was still pretty good. After eating they played some more badminton togather  and now it was around 6.00 pm. It was evening and the sun was already disappearing from the horizon. But... Ezra's bad feeling he had before was growing stronger untill it really got Kanan's attention.