A New Year

Beep-beep-beep-beep.

"Uuuuggghhhh!" I groaned out.

I crawled out of bed, walked over to the dream-destroyer, and slammed the snooze button. It was way too early for any human being to be awake. I yawned and stretched my arms above my head, before my phone went off. I unplugged it from its charger and unlocked it, seeing who texted me.

Dylan: WE'RE JUNIORS NOW!!!!

I smiled and texted him back.
Me: Don't get too excited, we still got two years of high school left.

Dylan: Yeah but still! Aren't you excited?

Me: Maaaaybe a little.

Dylan: I bet your excited to see a certain someone...😏

Me: SHUT UP!!!

Dylan: Awww! Is someone blushing?

Me: 😡😡😡😡

I threw the phone on the bed and walked to my closet, pulling out a black tank top, classic red flannel, and a pair of black jeans. I looked in the mirror and made sure I looked a little decent for the day. My wavy dark-brown hair fell down below my shoulders and my dark brown eyes stared back at me. After I got dressed, I walked downstairs and headed out the door to the bus stop. Dylan was there with his headphones in, listening to music. I smirked, walked up behind him, and poked him in the side, making him squeel. He turned around and glared at me. "That wasn't funny!"

I started laughing. "It was a little funny."

He took his headphones out and stuffed them into his pockets. "So, you ready for the eleventh grade?"

I rolled my eyes. "Honestly, what's to be excited about? It's the same school, same people-"

"Same crushes."

I whirled my head at him. "I told you to stop teasing me about that! I hate it when you do that!"

He looked at me. "You still like her?"

I sighed. "Yes Dylan, I still like her."

"You know it's probably never gonna happen. She straight and she has-"

"A boyfriend, I know. Trust me I know." I interrupted.

"You need to find someone else. You can't dwell on her forever." he said.

I shook my head. "I can't move on Dylan, you know that. I will never stop loving her."

"You're just hurting yourself...but I get what your saying." He replied.

I smiled softly at him. When he came out as gay, he ended up falling for a boy. They had sex and it spread through the entire school. They had been dating for three months when said boy just up and left him for a girl. It broke Dylan's heart and people just made fun of him for it. I put a hand on his shoulder. "Hey, you promised me you wouldn't think about him. Don't let him see you're hurting. You never know, he might come back to you. Even though he is a douche."

He smirked at me, but then his face fell. "He only left me because of all the bullying...and Steph."

Trevor had left Dylan for Steph, who was Dylan's friend. And since Dylan is such a sweet heart, he decided to be nice and still be friends with her.

"Yeah I know." I said as the bus pulled up. We got on and sat in the same seat, passing the time by talking and listening to music. By the time we got to school, we were instantly tackled by Kristen.

"Finally! I thought you weren't gonna show up! You had me worried!"

I shoved her off of me. "Calm down, Kristen. It's the first day of school, it's not like we were gonna skip."

She pouted at me. Sometimes, I swear this girl is a ten year old trapped in a seventeen year olds body. We walked over to our normal spot in the cafeteria. We talked about our scheldues and what we wanted changed, until Kristen saw her best friend, Hana, and ran off. I had put my headphones in and was looking over my schedule when I felt someone kick me in the leg.

"Fuck!" I looked up and saw Dylan staring at me. He reached over the table and yanked my headphones out.

"Dude! What the hell was that for?" I said while rubbing my leg, trying to stop the stinging. He pointed his head to the left. "Look who's here."

I looked to where his head was pointing and felt my breath hitch. There she was. Alayna West. She was sitting at a different table, laughing with her friends. I immediately smiled. She had dyed her hair over the summer, replacing the light brown and dyed red tips to a dark black. She had on her glasses, which made her look adorable, along with her nose ring. It wasn't big or flashy, but it was enough to make her look sexy as hell. She was wearing a blue flannel shirt buttoned up, which stopped at the top of her breast, and dark blue skinny jeans. I couldn't help but let my eyes wander over her. Might I say, Alayna has curves and damn did she look beautiful. I must have been staring for a while because I heard Dylan snickering. I looked over at him and kicked him hard in the leg.

"OW! Why would you do that?" he asked, rubbing his leg.

"Payback."

He mumbled curses under his breath and I started laughing. I glanced back at Alayna and saw her looking at her friends who had started to turn their attention to their phones, when suddenly she looked over at me. Jesus Christ, she's beautiful. I felt my face heat up and I quickly looked back down at my schedule.

"She looked at me!" I hissed at Dylan.

"Yeah, so?"

"So, she caught me staring at her! Its the first day and I already made myself look like an idiot!"

"Hey calm down! Look, she's not even worrying about it."

True to his word, I peeked over at Alayna and saw her talking to her friends again. I let out the breath I didn't even know I was holding. Suddenly a boy walked in and sat down beside of her. She looked over and smiled at him. I felt a fire grow in my chest as he bent over and kissed her. I looked away quickly, but I was slow enough to see her kissing him back. I groaned. 'This is going to be a long year.'