Inspection

A/N: Hey guys! So I went away for a while, but Im back. I will try my hardest to update more often now. I kinda got a little inspiration so Im gonna work with that as long as I can. There will only be a few chapters left and then I will most likely go back and edit some chapters. I realize that there were some things messed up. So let me know: would you like me to go back and edit now? Or wait until the book is done to edit? Please let me know. Anywho, enjoy!

~moonchild700🌙

************************************

My eyes flew open. Rick was standing over me, kicking my side with his foot. "Get your ass up, now!"

I stood up as quickly as I could. Apparently it wasn't fast enough, because Rick grabbed my arm and yanked me to my feet. "That stupid, nosy-ass bitch will be here soon. Get dressed and cover up any damn bruises you have. Then come downstairs."

I nodded and Rick walked out of my room, slamming the door behind him. I sighed and walked over to my closet. I picked a gray long-sleeved shirt and some black sweatpants. I ran my fingers through my hair to get out any tangles, then went to the bathroom. I looked at my face and saw faint bruises. I got my foundation out and started covering up the evidence. One of the bonuses of being naturally tanned: bruises dont show up easily.

I took a deep breath, preparing myself for what was about to happen, and opened the door. I walked downstairs and saw Sasha wearing a dress with her hair all nice and neat. For once she didn't look like a druggie. She glared at me as I walked down the steps. "You better not fuck anything up."

I nodded and sat on the floor in front of the couch, waiting for Clara to arrive. She did minutes later, knocking on the door. I quickly stood up and watched Rick open the door with a smile on his face. "Hello Ms. Fields. It's a pleasure to see you."

She smiled a tight smile. "Oh, trust me Rick. The pleasure is all mine."

She walked past him to me. "Hello Stella. How are you?"

"I'm fine."

She winked at me and walked into the kitchen. Sasha and Rick quickly followed her. I walked behind them and saw Clara opening up the pantries. "Seems a bit empty for two adults and a teenager, yeah?"

"We haven't had time to go to the store," said Sasha. "We plan on going today after your visit."

"Inspection," she replied curtly. "This is not a visit. This is an inspection of you and your house to see if Stella is being taken care of."

Rick smiled again. "Well I assure you Ms. Fields, Stella is well taken care of. Aren't you dear?"

"Yeah. I'm actually really happy here," I said. "This is actually one of the only homes I've been happy at." I was lying through my teeth. I was not happy here and Clara knew that. I knew she saw through my lie.

"That's good to hear," she said. "Now, can you show me your room?"

I nodded grimly and started to walk to my 'bedroom'. In reality, I walked past my room and into the guest bedroom that Sasha had spruced up with posters of boys and the colors pink and light blues. The average teenage girls room. Clara followed me in and started to look around. She looked through my closet which had been filled with a few of my shirts and a majority of Sasha's. She went through my dressers as well, finding nothing of interest. She looked at Rick. "I would like to see every room in this house if you don't mind."

"That's kinda invasive don't you think?"

She smiled. "Well, I'm inspecting your house. You don't really have a right to privacy."

Rick frowned and proceeded to lead Clara though the house, me and Sasha following. Once they had reached my room, Rick was hesitant to open it. "This room is actually really messy. Boxes everywhere. It wouldn't really be safe to go in."

"Well, if what you're saying is true, then you can just open the door and I'll believe you."

Rick soughed and opened the door. Clara walked right in. My mattress sat alone on the floor without any blankets or pillows. I had no dresser and a small lamp beside the mattress. She turned around to Rick. "And what might this room be for?"

"This used to be Stella's room, but we let her have the bigger one that you saw. This is just stuff we were keeping until we could throw it away."

"Step outside please," she said looking at Rick.

"I-I'm sorry?"

"You heard me. Out." She pointed to the door.

Rick looked at Sasha, but left the room. Once he was gone, Clara looked at me. "Stella, I would like for you to take your shirt off."

Sasha was about to object, but Clara shushed her. I took my shirt off and winced slightly when I raised my arms. I heard Clara gasp, knowing she had seen the bruises. I kept my eyes on the floor, not daring to look Clara in the eyes. I didn't want her to see me like this. Not even Alayna saw me without my shirt on. I felt vulnerable. Clara cleared her throat. "You can put your shirt back on Stella." Her voice was barely above a whisper.

I put my shirt on quickly, feeling much more comfortable with it on. Clara walked to the door and opened it. Rick looked confused as hell when the door opened in his face. Clara stared at him with a stern face and spoke to me. "Stella, let's go."

"Now wait a minute," Rick said. "She's not going anywhere."

"Oh yes she is," Clara snapped back. "I have been watching you for a very long time. Stella is not safe here and I'm finally taking her away from the both of you."

Clara grabbed my hand and started to lead me out of the house. As Clara opened the door, my arm was roughly grabbed and yanked back. My hand slipped out of hers and I stumbled back into Sasha's arms. She held me tightly as Rick glared at Clara.

"Rick, you let her come with me right now!" Clara yelled.

Rick didn't even bother to say anything. He grabbed Clara by her shoulders and started to push her out the door. I then realized what was happening. They were resisting Child Services. Sasha started to drag me into the kitchen, but I held my feet down and resisted as much as I could. "Clara!"

Clara looked me in the eyes. "It's okay Stella! I'm going to get you out of here! Just fight them! Please baby, just don't let them hurt you! Don't let the-," her voice was cut off by the door slamming in her face. Rick locked the door, then looked back at me with anger in his face.

"You little bitch!" Sasha screamed. "What the hell was that?!"

"I'm not going to put up with this shit anymore!" I yelled back. "I'm finally getting out of this hell-hole and I won't have to put up with either of you anymore!"

Rick smiled and I felt all the confidence I had falter. "Do you really think I'm going to let you leave this house alive?"