Is It True?

After our lovely session in the bathroom, we walked back to class and got our stuff. I walked Alayna to her class, making sure she didn't sit alone and walked to my class.

I was almost to the door when I was pulled back by my hair and slammed into the lockers. I yelped in pain when a hand grabbed my shoulder and squeezed hard.

"You are the worst bitch I have ever met, you know that?"

I looked up and nearly cried. Adam was standing there...and he had the same look she had. I knew what was coming. I closed my eyes, wishing that he would just get on with it. He punched me in the stomach, making me wince.

"You took her from me! You're the reason she's gone!" he yelled.

Tears slipped down my face as he spoke.

'You're the reason he left me!'

Another punch. "She doesn't love you." He took the collar of my shirt and threw me to the ground. "How could you ever think that she would?"

I covered my ears. 'It's not true, it's not true.'

He swung his foot at me, hitting my side. "Nobody will ever love you!"

'Nobody will ever love you!'

Another kick. "She's mine! Not yours, mine!"

My entire body was screaming in pain. His words echoed through my brain and shot back at me like a bullet. He stopped kicking and bent down, wrapping his hand around my throat.

"Alayna doesn't love you...you got that?"

I grabbed onto his hand, trying to loosen his grip, but he only tightened it.

"You got that?!" he shouted.

I shook my head. I won't admit it. He took his other hand and punched me in the face. "She doesn't loves you!"

' Nobody will ever love you!'

"SAY IT!"

"...s-she...she do-doesn't...l-love me..." I cried out.

He let go of my throat and stood up. "That's right, she doesn't."

I heard his footsteps as I was gasping for air. I couldn't stop crying, the tears flowed out of my eyes as I lay on the floor. I couldn't move. His words; her words just kept repeating over and over in my head.

'Is it true? Does she love me? What if she's just doing this for fun? What if it's just a phase and I'm her little play toy?'

"Stella?"

No, not now. Why couldn't I just lie here in peace?

"Oh my gosh! Stella!" a voice said.

I couldn't focus on who's voice it was. I slowly opened my eyes and saw Dylan running to me with Kristen. Their voices kept fading in and out. My eyes slipped close and everything went dark.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Stop your damn crying!' Mother yelled at me.

I quickly wiped my eyes, hoping that if I listened to her, she wouldn't hit me. I had no such luck. She slapped me across the face once again. My face was burning, along with my arm. Mother had held my arm over one of her lighters and it burned my skin. Burns covered my arms in little patches. They weren't to bad, but they would still leave a light scar.

I was too exhausted to do anything. I had not eaten anything but scraps from the trashcan and nothing to drink for 4 days. Mother had drunk more than usual and went on a rampage. She hasn't let me rest for days now. Every bone in my body was sore. I felt like I was going to pass out with every hit. She grabbed my head and slammed it against the wall. I yelped and slumped to the ground. I tried to stand back up, but Mother placed her foot on my back, forcing me back down.

'Who loves you?' she asked.

' Nobody.' I automatically replied.

'That's right. And why did he leave me?'

'B-because I'm alive.' I replied.

'You are nothing. Nobody will ever love you and you know why?'

I shook my head. Mother lifted her foot from my back and bent down. 'Because you're not worth loving! You have no opinions, no feeling, and no emotion. You. Are. Nothing!'

She kicked me in the face, hard. I felt pain in my nose. I tasted blood in my mouth. Mother walked away, leaving me on the floor to rot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I snapped my eyes open, only to squeeze them shut when I was blinded by bright lights. I groaned in pain. Everything hurt. I was laying on a small bed in a room with light blue walls.

"Stella?" a quiet voice asked.

I held a shaky hand up to cover my eyes and looked to see who was talking. Alayna was sitting beside the bed with a worried look on her face. I gave her a shaky smile.
"H-hey." I croaked out.

"Stella!" She said loudly, making me wince. She jumped up and hugged me. "I didn't know if you were okay! Kristen came back to class and she said you were passed out in the hallway!"

I nearly screamed when she hugged me. My sides were hurting way too much. The slightest touch burned. I haven't gotten a break. But I accepted the hug and rubbed her back.

"I'm fine, just a little sore." I said.

She let go of me and I felt cold.

"What happened to you?" she asked.

"I don't know, I can't remember."

"Don't lie to me, Stella." Alayna said. "I know when you're lying to me."

"I'm not lying."

"Yes you are!" she said.

"How do you know?" I asked.

"Because I can see it in your eyes. You hate lying to me, don't you?"

I sighed. "Yea I do. I hate it."

"Then tell me what happened." she said.

"I...it was Adam."

Her eyes widened. "Adam did this to you?!"

"Keep your voice down!" I said. "The last thing I need is for the entire school to know."

"I'm so sorry he did this to you. I don't even know why I dated him in the first place."

I sighed. "Don't apologize, it's not your fault."

I slowly got up from the bed and placed my feet on the ground. Alayna put her hands on my shoulders. "What do you think you're doing?"

"I'm going to class."

"Uh, no your not!" she said. "The nurse said you had two bruised ribs and a concussion. There is no way I'm letting you walk like this."

She tried to make me lay back down, but I pushed her hand away and stood up. My breathing became short and I felt dizzy. I ignored the pain and walked to the door.

"Stella stop! You're going to hurt yourself!"

I placed my hand on the wall, trying to prevent myself from passing out.

'Nobody loves you!'

'How could you think she would actually like you like that?'

'She doesn't love you!'

I looked over my shoulder at her. "Why would you even care?"

"Why would you even ask me that? I love you and I don't want to see anything bad happen to you."

I closed my eyes, not bothering to stop the tears. "You don't love me."

"W-what?"

I stood up straighter and opened the door. "You don't love me Alayna. Stop pretending you do."

I walked out the door and closed it behind me. I walked to my locker before I broke down.

'She doesn't love me, she doesn't love me...nobody loves me.'