Beatings

A/N: Hahahaahaha! Did you guys like my cliffhanger! Lol, I'm so evil!😈....not really. I feel kinda bad so here's another chapter! Hope you guys enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bang-bang-bang!

"Shit!" I mumbled.

"Stella? Who is that?"

That had to be them.

I looked over to Alayna. "Go upstairs to my room and don't come out. No matter what you hear."

"But Stella-"

Bang-bang-bang!

"Just go upstairs! Please!"

She seemed hesitant, but another bang on the door sent her rushing to my room.

I went to the door and opened it. Rick was standing there and he looked pissed.

"What the hell took you so long!"

My body went on auto-pilot. I didn't reply. I moved out of the doorway and he shoved his way through knocking me against the wall. He rummaged through the kitchen, trying to search for something.

"Where the hell is it?"

I gulped. "W-where is what?"

He turned to me. "The money! The money we gave you! Where is it?!"

I pointed to the cupboard above the sink. He walked over to it and grabbed the money. He started to walk out of the door.

"Wait! You can't take that money! I need it!"

He stopped and turned around. "What did you just say?"

"I-I need that money to buy food."

Slap!

I fell to the ground only to be picked up and thrown into the table. I yelped when the corner hit one of my bruises.

"I don't give a damn if you can't buy food. You can pick the scraps out of the garbage if your hungry enough. I've just payed the bills so you don't need money for that."

He shoved me onto the ground. "We'll be gone for another month. Stay here and don't run off. If you do, that will be a problem for both of us."

He kicked me in the stomach. I bit my lip to stop from screaming.

"There's an inspection." I mumbled weakly.

He grabbed my arm and lifted me off the ground. "Inspection?! Who's doing the inspection?!"

I winced. "C-Clara...She says she's required to do inspections now...she says it's in three weeks..."

He kicked me again. And again. And again. My sides were screaming in pain. He stopped kicking me and lifted my head up and punched me in the face. He dropped me, walked to the door, and opened it.

"We'll be there for the inspection."

And he left. I waited until I heard a car start and speed off. I tried to take deep breaths. I had to get back to Alayna. She must have heard all of that. I tried to get back up but everything hurt too much. I lifted a shaky hand up to my nose. It wasn't broken but when I brought my hand back down, there was blood. I fell against the wall and started crying. Each breath I took just made me cry harder. I brought my knees up to my chest and wrapped my arms around myself. I wasn't sure how long it had been. He shouldn't come back. They never stay, but what if he forgot something?

"Stella!"

No no no no no! Why did she have to come now? Why couldn't she have waited until I came and got her? I kept my head down. I couldn't let her see me cry. I felt her wrap her arms around me.

"Its okay Stella...you can cry...it's okay to cry."

I didn't cry. I bawled my eyes out. The tears wouldn't stop. No one ever told me it was okay to cry. I was never allowed to cry. She held onto me and rubbed my back.

"Its okay, I'm here."

I felt safe. I hadn't felt safe in...forever. Alayna was so warm and her voice was making me sleepy. I couldn't think straight (lol 'straight' get it!) and I was so tired that I fell alseep in Alayna's arms.