The Caring

Joe's POV:

I woke up to someone whispering. I slowly opened my eyes to see a figure, facing away from me, trying to speak quietly into a phone. I adjusted my eyes to the light and looked around.

I was in my room, a wet towel on my forehead. I was still naked with only my boxers on but there was a blanket covering me till my waist. The headache was still there but not as intense.

I turned my head to the side to look at the figure. It was Y/N.

She was whispering, "Why don't you understand? He's really sick. I need to be here with him."

She listened to the person on the other end and then said, exasperated, "Please try to understand dammit! I need to stay."

She was quiet as the other person spoke, "I promise I will make it up to yo-"

"Hello? Mark? He cut me off! Ugh!" she mumbled to herself angrily.

"She was talking to Mark," I thought, "and he was giving her a hard time for staying with me? If I get my hands on him I swear I will-"

But I couldn't finish my thoughts because my headache intensified and I groaned in pain.

Y/N's head turned to me and she leaned towards me.

"Oh god Joe I am sorry for waking you up, you can go to sleep," Y/N said and took the wet towel from my head and flipped it to the other side and pressed it back on.

"No it's okay Y/N, you didn't wake me up,' I said weakly.

"Do you want me to get you something?" she asked with a concerned look on her face which I thought looked too cute on her.

"No I am okay."

"Oh please, I know you're hungry and you haven't eaten all day so I made you chicken soup," Y/N said rather triumphantly.

I couldn't help but smile. She remembered what I like when I am sick. I remember mentioning it to her only once during a long facetime conversation.

"I'll be right back," she said and hurried to the kitchen.

She came back with a large bowl of steaming soup. She walked slowly, trying to not spill the soup.

She came back to my side and put the soup on the bedside table. Then she ran off again to get a breakfast-in-bed tray. She placed it on the bed and put the soup on it.

She carefully took a spoonful of soup close to her mouth and blew on it.

All the while I watched her, taking in all of her features. There were some things I hadn't noticed before. Like how heavenly she looks when she pulls a strand of hair to the back of her ears. Like the cute dimples that appear when she smiles. Everything about her seemed so perfect. I didn't realize that I was staring like a creep until she cleared her throat.

I broke out of my trance and looked away, embarrassed. She held back a smile.

"Here," she said and held the spoonful of soup close to my mouth.

I had the spoonful.

She kept feeding me and I never felt so happy and giddy. After finishing she tucked me in. I felt like a baby but didn't say anything because I was enjoying her taking care of me like this.

She sat beside me and looked through my drawers for my medicines. I kept watching her. I couldn't keep my eyes off her. She looked so perfect, everything about her amazed me.

Then I remembered.

"Hey didn't you have a meeting?" I asked.

"Yeah I did. But it's okay, they postponed it," she said still rummaging through my drawers.

"You didn't have to do that," I said but inside I felt glad that she was there with me.

"Shut up Joe and sleep," she said and I just knew that she was smirking.

"I don't want to sleep," I said stubbornly.

"Okay then, what do you wanna do?" She asked now looking back at me. Our faces were really close to each other and for that moment I wanted nothing else but to keep her with me forever.

She kept gazing at me too. I knew she felt the same way or at least I thought so. And from that moment on, I was certain about one thing - I was in love with Y/N.

Y/N's POV:

The only thing in my mind was to take care of Joe. I was so grateful I had decided to speak to Joe before heading off to the meeting.

I knocked on the door, no answer. I knocked again a little louder, still no answer. So I just went in, to see Joe lying asleep on his bed. He was as pale as a ghost and was breathing uneven.

I ran over to his side and checked his temperature. He was really sick. I called his doctor but he was unavailable at the time and advised me on what to do. I did just as he said and then sat beside Joe.

His breathing had steadied and he looked better. I observed him. The way he slept made him look so innocent but rugged at the same time. He was only in his boxers which made me feel ways I shouldn't have been feeling. I smiled as I thought about that night when he called me beautiful.

It made me feel special.

But why was I thinking of him in this way? Why was it that he was the only one I wanted to be with all the time?

I thought of these things but this time I wasn't angry or frustrated. I was looking at him and calmly thinking about why it was that I felt about him this way.

Could it be what I suspect it is? Am I in love with Joe Sugg?

A/N: Update coming soon. Thank you for reading :)