The End

Y/N's POV:

I could see Mark's face change from annoyance to pure anger. His eyes were furious and his hands were in fists.

"What did you just say?" he asked through gritted teeth.

"No Mark, that wasn't what I meant-" I said but was cut off by Mark.

"Joe? He said I don't deserve you?" Mark asked, coming closer to me.

"Listen, I'm sorry about that. I shouldn't have said that." I said, backing off.

"He said I don't deserve you? He seems to know a lot about you then." He said gripping my right hand.

"Ow, Mark let go!" I said, trying to free myself from his painful grip.

"No! Tell me what else did he say?" He asked, tightening his grip.

"He didn't say anything!" I said, still trying to get out of his hold.

"Were you with him today? Was that why you forgot about me?" he asked, looking dangerously into my eyes.

"NO!" I lied so that Mark didn't get more furious, "Let go please!"

"Don't lie, Y/N!"

We were distracted by the sound of Mark's phone. Someone had messaged him. Before he could get the phone, I caught a glance at the screen. It was that bitch who broke us up.

Mark hurriedly took the phone but not before I could see her message.

"Hey babe, what are you doing?" with a lot of heart emojis.

He took the phone and set it aside somewhere far from me.

"Why is she messaging you?" I asked, getting angry.

"Who babe? That was no one," Mark said and I knew he was lying.

"You are still with her? What the hell?" I asked, getting furious.

I was not furious out of jealousy. I was furious because he cheated on me, then begged for me to take him back but was still talking to that girl behind my back and yet had the balls to get angry over what Joe said, even when it was the truth.

I pushed away his hand that was gripping me.

"You are still talking to her, aren't you?"

"No babe," He said, getting nervous.

"Don't lie, Mark!" I said

"Okay, I still talk to her. What's wrong with that?" he asked, trying to act casual.

"Nothing's wrong with that. But you both aren't just 'talking'."

"Cut it out, Y/N!" Mark said, getting annoyed, just as he does when he can't deny the truth.

That was the last straw for me.

"Stop with the acting Mark! I know you are still cheating on me! But you know what? I don't really care now. You can go ahead and do whatever you want because we are done. We are done for good!" I said, surprised by how it didn't hurt a bit saying that.

"Are you serious?" Mark looked at me in disbelief.

"Yes, in fact you can go ahead and rub faces with that bitch as much as you want. That's what you deserve." I said, finally feeling like a weight was lifted off my shoulders.

I grabbed my purse and started out of the hotel room. As I was walking out, Mark didn't say anything, which as good because I didn't want to listen to any of his shit.

As I walked through the corridors, I couldn't help but smile. This was something I should have done a long time ago. There was no reason to be sad or feel remorse.

Outside, I saw Joe. He was leaning against his car and straightened after he saw me. I walked towards him, my heart pounding in my chest.

Joe's POV:

Y/N came out of the hotel and I was glad. I was getting worried about her. I got confused looking at her expression. She was smiling widely.

At first, it broke my heart because I thought everything was sorted out between her and Mark. But when she opened her mouth, I couldn't have been happier.

"Mark and I broke up" she said, looking up at me.

I tried my best not to show the happiness in my eyes.

"Really? Why?" I asked, pretending to be curious.

"He was still cheating on me," she said but was still smiling.

"That bastard. Are you okay?"

"Actually, I couldn't be better. It was good riddance." She said, grinning.

I was shocked but glad that she finally realized.

"Let's go home then?"

"Yeah!" she said and got into the car.

The drive home was the best. We listened to our favourite songs, laughed, chatted and once in a while I could see Y/N looking at me intently.

Once we got into the parking lot of my apartment, I was about to get out of the car when Y/N stopped me by grabbing me by the hand.

I looked at her questioningly. She came closer and I could feel my heart beating faster. I didn't know if she wanted the same thing I did. But I wasn't going to miss the chance. She hesitated a bit so I eliminated the distance between us by kissing her.

All the feelings and adrenaline rushed into my body. She was the one I wanted, forever and always.