4

Lucinda's POV

" Pan! Pan! Pan! Please stop! " , I cried

" And why should I? " , he growled at me

" Because you are hurting me. " , I yelped as he dug his nails on my wrists and pushed my back deeper against the prickled bark of the tree.

" Oh I am. " , he said sarcastically " I didn't notice. "

I looked up to his dark green eyes full of anger and pain. I knew that what I said wasn't smart. I crossed the line and I knew that I was going to be punished.

I yelped and winced in pain as I shrank down back causing Pan to tower over me. Then he released me as I dropped to the ground and you betcha that I stayed there refusing to look at Pan as I turned the other way. Then he kneeled below to my level and I scooted away from him as I wrapped my arms around the tree.

" Look at you. " , he pointed out " Hugging a tree? "

" At least the tree won't hurt me. " , I spat at him

" I won't hurt you. " , he said to me

Liar.

" Just leave me alone. " , I said with a cracked voice

As stubborn as he is, he scooted close to me and he brushed my loose hair from my face and wiped away my tears. His eyes turned back to his normal emerald green eyes as he unwrapped my arms from the nice, friendly tree and took my hand and held it like a perfect puzzle as another memory filled my mind.

" You know Peter. I wonder how all of those stars could fit in the sky. Whether they are big or small, they always seem to go together as they all shine brightly in the night sky. " , I said

" Well the stars have their own way to fit in the puzzle, no matter how big or small they are they always find a away. " , he said pointing to the sky

" I don't get it. " , I said with confusion

" Well here is a good example. " , he said before holding our hands together. " You see my hand may not be the same size as yours, but it fits like a perfect puzzle like the stars, however, unlike the stars we have the choice to let go of the hand. If one of us lets go then there is a missing piece to the puzzle and that hand has no one to support it when in need. The stars are always connected in some way with the sky as they shine brightly together, but if one lets go then all of them will not shine because they need that other star to support them in the big night sky. "

" Wow. I never really thought about that. " , I said in amazement

" Well we all learn something new everyday. " , he chuckled

" At least I know that you have my support when I need you. " , I said

" And I know that I have yours as well. " , he said with a smile

" As long as you hold my hand Peter, then I shall always be your star to shine in your darkened heart. " , I said

" And I'm very lucky to have you as my star, angel. " , he said

{Laughter in the background}

" Lucinda? Lucinda? " , the deep British accent said bringing me back to reality " Are you okay? "

I breathed heavily as my eyes start to get watery. Pan's hand still held my hand and I quickly let go of his hand.

I leaned in closer to where his forehead laid against mine and our eyes locked as I placed my warm hand on his cheek and did the unthinkable...

A/N: Cliffhanger!!! Oops :) I hope you enjoy this chapter!

💕 Italics are from the past 💕