25

Lucinda's POV

" Peter. " , I whispered.

Then the lost boys gasped.

" Oh my gosh she called him that. " , one said
" Oh I bet Pan wouldn't like that. " , Sam said
" No she is going to be punished. " , another said
" Nooo Lucinda don't say that word. " , the youngest boy said
" Peter? Well that's a causal name. " , Robbie said

I stepped away from Peter realizing what I had just said. I shut my mouth and look down avoiding eye contact with him. Pan looked around noticing everyone was watching me.

Then he hugged me to teleport us from the camp to somewhere in the woods. He released me from the hug and lifted my chin as our eyes met in motion.

" You called me Peter. " , he said softly as he put his hand on my cheek with a smile.

I hung my head down and put down his hands from my cheek as my eyes started to drift from him. I sighed and look up to see the green - eyed boy staring back at me.

" Yeah. I did. " , I mumbled " But that...that meant nothing. "

His soft green eyes slowly turn dull and gave me a sad look.

" The Peter that I know...he is gone. " , I said as my eyes start to get watery. " Gone. "

" Angel..." , he started as he took held my hands " P-P-Please I just..."

I let go of his hands and take a step back away from him.

" I'm Lucinda. " , I stated " J-J-just forget what I said in the camp. I didn't mean to say that...I-I-I just.."

" Just wanted to forget. " , he finished for me.

" You aren't Peter...You're Pan. " , I said choking on my words " The Peter that I once knew...is no more. "

" Lucinda...I " , he started

" Why do you even have that necklace? " , I asked him as tears streamed down my cheek

" Because it was the only thing I had to remind me of you. " , he said as tears slowly come out of his soften eyes. " I mean you still have the necklace around you neck. "

" Yeah, Peter gave me this necklace. Not Pan. " , I mumbled

Slience came between us.

I breathed heavily realizing what I had just said. My eyes wander off the ground and into green eyes.

Peter Pan's POV

I was shocked at Lucinda's words against me.

She was right,

I wasn't Peter...I was Pan.

I knew excatly what had to be done. I took off the heart-shaped stone necklace and took a good glance at it before I safely placed it in Lucinda's hand.

She watched me put the necklace in the palm of her hand and looked up to me with confused look.

" You're right. I'm not Peter. I'm Pan. So I guess since Peter is gone...I don't deserve to have the necklace anymore. " , I stated

She was about to protest, but I quickly dashed in front of her putting my finger on her lips shushing her as her worries eyes looked into mine.

" I don't deserve a girl like you. You deserve someone better...someone to make you happy. All that I have ever done to you was confuse you and bring you emotional painful memories of me. I want you to be happy. So go...go far away from Neverland and go find your happy ending. " , I suggested

Lucinda's eyes became watery as tears kept streaming down her rosy cheeks. I gave her a warm smile and hugged for what felt like hours.

Then I let go of her, but she wouldn't release me instead she kept a tight grip on me sobbing into my chest. I stood there patting her back and she released me after a while as I wiped away her tears and placed a gentle kiss on her forehead.

I held her hand one more time and then drifted away to the woods. I turn around to see my angel one last time and then turn back around as a tear escaped down to my cheek.

I watched him leave and just like that he disappeared. I look at the necklace that I gave to him and clenched it tightly in the palm of my hand and put it in my pocket. I tried to breathe taking in at what just happened, but instead I felt tears coming out again.

Then I felt a cold chill coming from behind as the shadow whispers to me.

" It's time. " , he said " Time to leave. "

A/N: The End! Or is it the end? 🤔😏