3

I woke up on couch. I got up and went to my room. I turned on some music singing while I went into the shower. I washed my hair with my all time favorite shampoo and conditioner strawberries and cream. It smells so good. I got out and dressed in denim leggings with a white loose shirt, a short sleeve denim jacket and light grey wedge boots. I grabbed my bag, phone and house keys. I have a car but I barely use it. I walked out to the bookstore where my mom is mostly likely at. I put my head phones in my ears and got lost in the music. I smiled and bobbed to the music.  As I approached the store Officer Sam and his fuck boy of a brother James were walking my way. 

I quickly walked off the sidewalk into moving traffic. I was pulled from a car that was heading my way. It was was the scent from yesterday. I looked up to see him. Mr. Tall and Handsome. 

"That was a dangerous move there little one." He said quite serious. 

I was lost of words. He had a five o'clock shadow going on. His brown eyes have speckles of gold in them. I placed my hand on his chest as I pushed myself from him. He didn't even need to flex. I quickly moved my hand away from him. 

"Jordyn." Officer Sam called out. 

"Sexy." His brother smirked. 

The guy who saved me pulled me closer to him, he growled. Yes, growled. I felt safe though. Sam gave the guy a hard look. 

"Jordyn, we'll talk later." He nodded and walked away. 

I let a deep sigh, I didn't even know I was holding my breath. He let me go. I turned to him once again. 

"See you around." I smiled and ran to the bookstore. 

My mom was shelving books. I went into the office, clocked in and put my bag away. Who is he? I thought back to yesterday. The guy called him Kai. Is that his name or a nickname? I stood behind the desk. I grabbed the book I was reading yesterday. I heard the door bell ring and I saw the guy from yesterday. The guy walked over to me. 

"Hi." He smiled. 

"Hi." I pulled my eyes from the page I was reading. 

"I'm Kagen." He held out his hand. 

"Jordyn." I shook his hand. 

"I'm sorry about yesterday. I was out of line." He apologized. 

"Did your brother tell you to say that?" I asked. "I'm assuming he's your brother, that is." 

"Yeah, he's my brother." He sighed. 

"How old is your brother?" I asked of out curiosity. 

"He's twenty, I'm sixteen." He smirked. 

"I'm nineteen, now get out of my face." I rolled my eyes. 

"Ouch, my feelings are hurt." He put his hand over his heart. 

"Do you need something? Why are you still in front of me?" I was annoyed now. 

He put his head down and walked away. More like walked around the bookstore. He stopped and talked to my mom. She looked in shock and turned back to me. She looked worried. 

"Get out, my shop doesn't allow your kind." She grabbed him but there was a loud growl. 

I was confused, what the hell is going on. My mom stood in fear. Kagen looked at me before he ran off. His eyes. Golden brown. Abnormal eye color. My mom ran to me. 

"Listen to me, I think I should tell you now that, your father was killed by wolves. Werewolves." Her voice covered in fear. "That who was just in here, he is a werewolf." 

"Did you get enough sleep?" I laughed it off.  "You're talking crazy mom." 

But then, it's possible. 

"Damn it Jordyn, listen to me!" Her voice cracked. 

For a year now she hasn't cried. I hugged her. She hugged me until the door bell rang. We looked up to see Officer Sam. 

"May I talk with your daughter please?" He asked. 

"Yes, of course." She asked walking into the back room. 

Sam walked around to meet me face to face. He grabbed my hand and pulled me closer. I couldn't move. I stood in fear. Kill me now. 

"Let her go." I looked to see him standing there. 

"Leave, this doesn't concern you." Sam spat. 

His grip tighten and I let out a painful scream. Within seconds Sam was slung into the bookshelf. My mom ran out. She went to grab me but he got to me first. 

"Please, don't hurt her. She knows nothing." My mom cried. 

"Shush. I'm not going to hurt her." He looked down at me. 

"Hurt me?" I asked in a daze. "Who are you?" 

"My name is Kaiser King, little one." He smiled. 

"Why do you call me little one? I can take you down, I'm not little." I groaned. 

He laughed. My mom moved closer and he pulled me closer to him. 

"Please." She held out her hands. 

He let go of me. He smiled at me before he left. My mom ran to me and pulled me into her arms. 

"Mom, he won't hurt me. I don't how I know this but I know." I rubbed her back. 

"I thought he was going to take you from me. You're the only reason I'm still living. After your dad past...I didn't want you to see me so weak." 

"It's okay. I'm not going anywhere." I sighed. "Let's lock up early and go home." 

And that's what we did. I made dinner for my mom and me, we sat watching Disney movies until we got tired. I yawned and got up. 

"I'm going to bed." I yawned again and water filled my eyes. 

I hate when that happens. I dressed in a night gown that stopped at my knees. I got into bed letting sleep take over me. I woke up to a hand covering my mouth. It was the guy from the bookstore. He motioned for me to be quiet. I nodded and he removed his hand. Right as he lifted his hand I screamed and kicked him as hard as I could. I made a run for it to my mom's room stumbling as I did so. Tears running down my face as I opened her door. She was sound a sleep. I turned to see him standing in the door way. He looked angry. No. He was angry. I ran and jumped on my mom's bed waking her up. I looked to the door way. He was gone. 

How is your day going? Hope you are enjoying my book. If so please ↓↓ 

Share, Comment & Vote 

→ If you catch a mistake of mine please tell me ←