5

I sat down facing my mom. She pressed her lips together and looked at me.

"I don't know where to start." My mom sighed. "We're a werewolf. I know it's hard to believe but you are one. After your father passed, I had a friend cast a spell on your wolf to put it to sleep." Tears rolled down her face. "I didn't want that part of life for you. I wanted to keep you safe. I should've told you."

I didn't know what to say, but I was listening.

"Jordyn, your wolf has been awaken the moment that guy walked into the store." My mom's eyes met mine. "He's your mate."

"Huh?" I blinked a few times trying to register everything she just told me. "Hold on, so your friend was a witch? Oh My God MOM!" I stood. "Your friend is Storm's mom, does that mean Storm is a witch?"

She nodded her head.

"We just wanted to keep you two safe." My mom stood.

"And how is that working out for you?" I was angry. "Mom he's not gonna stop until he has me."

"I know." She nodded.

My jaw dropped in realization.

"You were the wolf that saved me." Tears ran down my face like a waterfall.

"I would risk my life for you." My mom pulled me close. "I may be old but I still know how to fight."

"Mom please, you're not old." I laughed wiping my eyes.

"How do we solve this?" I asked.

"You have to call out your wolf." My mom explained. "Your wolf can either reject him or accept him. Now if she rejects him, you'll have one more other chance to find a mate."

I gave her a questioning look.

"I thought wolves only had one mate?" I questioned.

"You do, but the moon Gods give us one more chance if our wolves rejects our mate." She answered.

I nodded.

"So does Storm know she's a witch?" I asked.

"No, but I'm sure she does know." My mom sighed. "We shouldn't have kept this from you two."

"Yeah, you think" I shook my head. "So how to I call out my wolf?"

"I'll show you." She said. "It's going to be painful."

"I bet." I sighed, letting all my worries disappear.

I followed my mom out to the woods, behind our house. She stripped down and shifted into her wolf. My eyes widened. Her wolf was beautiful. She shifted back.

"Now you do it." She said.

"You made it look simple." I rolled my eyes.

I closed my eyes.

Listen, I don't know what I'm doing so if you're in here then come out.

I felt this sudden rush that came with pain. I fell to the ground in pain. That scent. He was near. I let out a growl.

"Did that come from me?" I laughed in pain.

"It's your wolf. You're doing good sweetie." My cried. "Ignore him."

"He's going to try and take me again." I cried in pain.

"Not with me around." I heard the anger in her voice.

I screamed in pain as my wolf pushed through. Every body in my body cracked.

"The more you shift the less pain you'll be in." My mom said before I blacked out.

I opened my eyes. I did it. I saw my paws. My fur was grayish white color. I looked up to see my mom.

My name is Aurora. I heard my wolf say.

I missed you so much. We used to be best friends. She pushed these memories through my mind.

Aurora, what are we going to do with our mate? I asked her.

I'm not going to reject him, if we do it'll take years to find another one. We're going to fight him. She said.

Fight? I questioned her.

Yes, he has to know that he can't push us around. She growled.

I like that idea. I approved it.

I smell him. She said. He's near.

She looked around allowing me to see what she is seeing. Everything was heightened, it was amazing. Her eyes landed on him. His wolf was huge. Aurora growled standing her ground. He didn't like that so much. My mom stood next to her.

Don't do anything stupid. She mind linked with us.

We're going to fight him. Aurora said.

He's stronger than you. My mom's wolf looked at Aurora.

I understand why you want to do it. Her wolf came through. But it's too dangerous, Aurora you have no training.

I can handle this! Aurora shouted.

You can't! My mom's wolf was getting angry.

You have no right, you abandoned me. I felt Aurora fade.

I shifted back.

"I'm still confused on all of this." I said. "So your wolf is my wolfs mom?"

"Yes." My mom said as she shifted back.

We got dressed and headed back inside.

"I agree with Aurora." I sighed. "We want to fight him, so he knows that he can't control us."

"He's not going to like that." My mom shook her head.

"We'll he's just going to have to get over it." I shrugged my shoulders. "I'm going to take a shower."

I went up to room and grabbed some clothes. I stopped, my eyes scanned the room. He was in here. I clinched my jaw shut. I checked my room before heading to the bathroom. I closed the door behind me. I stripped down seeing all the dirt that was on me. I turned on the shower allowing it heat up. I got in the shower washing my body. The hot water relaxed my body. As I was washing my body I saw a shadow of a person through the shower curtain.

"I don't like the fact that you got away from me twice." His was voice dark with anger. "You're mine."

I pulled back the curtain and he was gone. Just like that.

I clinched my jaw shut with frustration and finished up in the shower.

"If he thinks that he scares me well then he's fucking wrong." I murmured to the myself.

Leave a comment, share & vote

→ If you catch a mistake of mine please tell me ←