8

I tossed and turned in bed, even when I got comfortable I still couldn't sleep. I got up and went into the kitchen.

"Huh, what are you doing up?" I saw Kaiser sitting in the kitchen.

I noticed the bottle of liquor in his hand. He took a swig out of it before answering me.

"I couldn't sleep." His words were slurred.

"Me neither but you don't see me drowning myself in liquor." I said grabbing a water bottle.

"Tell me, is there a chance that you will ever love me?" He asked.

"I don't know." I said truthfully. "You haven't showed me a side of you that I can love. Yeah we're mates, but that doesn't mean anything to me without feelings."

He laughed taking another swig from the bottle.

"I'm going back to my room." I walked away but sound of him hitting the floor stopped me.

I turned around to see him laying on the floor.

"You gotta be kidding me." I walked over to him.

I squatted before him. My heart softened as I saw tears roll down his cheek. I picked him up. He started mumbling about he searched for me. On how he lost his twin brother. How he blamed himself for it. He started crying wishing he could go back in time. He wished it was him and not his brother. My heart ached for him. I placed him in his bed. I went to walk away from him but he grabbed my arm.

"Don't leave me." He sniffed. "Everyone leaves me."

"What about Kagen? He's still with you." I mentioned.

"Only because I force him to." He mumbled. "I forced them all to be with me."

"But why?" I asked.

"Because I don't wanna be alone." He said before he passed out.

"So he's the sleep drunk." I laughed.

I covered him up. I do have to admit it, he is handsome. I brushed his hair from his forehead and gave him a kiss. I walked out the room slowly.

I went back to the library room and picked up my book I was reading earlier. I don't remember when I fell asleep but I woke up to Kaiser calling my name. The panic in his voice made me rush to him. He was coming out of one of the rooms. His eyes landed on me. He looked relieved to see me. He rushed over to me, hugging me tightly.

"I thought you left." He sounded sad.

"No." I said. "Besides I don't even know where I am."

He chuckled looking down at me.

"It's not far from the pack house." He said. "This is actually my house."

"Huh?" I looked at him.

"Yeah, when I get stressed I come here." He pressed his lips together.

"This doesn't seem like your style." I laughed looking around.

"Really?" He said. "So what is my style?"

"Darker colors." I said walking away from him. "Oh I thought about it. About you claiming me."

I could feel his eyes on me.

"I'm okay with it." I turned and looked at him. "But I want us to become more before you do."

"That's fine with me." He smiled.

His honey colored eyes brightened up. He smiled widely.

"Also, you have to become one with your wolf." I said. "Aurora doesn't like the fact that you and him aren't on the same page."

"Ever since he found you he's been a little off." Kaiser said. "I tried talking to him but-"

"Aurora has no problem with putting him in check." I said full of confidence.

"She could try." Kaiser shrugged his shoulder.

"Hungry? I'll fix us something to eat." I said heading into the kitchen.

I saw that the freezer was filled with steak and chicken.

"What no pork?" I looked at him.

"You don't like pork like that so I just told Kagen to get steak and chicken. I can run to the stor-"

"It's fine." I said cutting him off.

I took out steak and thawed it out in the microwave. I then took out four eggs and cut up some potatoes.

"When I was sixteen I dared my twin brother to go into this run down house." He paused. "I thought it was abandon."

I could tell he was struggling to tell the story.

"There was a group of vampires in it." His voice cracked. "They attacked him. He came running out the house all torn up. I manage to carry him home but by the time I got there he was dead. His death tore my family apart. My mom cried every night, my dad closed himself off. After I told them what happened things changed. They became distance and one day I woke up and they were gone."

Hearing the pain in his voice made me stop what I was doing. I went to turn around but he stopped me.

"Don't. I won't be able to tell you this if you face me." He said. "I thought the only way to fill my emptiness was to find my mate, but even now I feel empty."

I closed my eyes holding back the urge to hug him.

"I have nightmares mostly every night." He continued. "I get drunk to ease my pain and to forget but sometimes it only make my thoughts worse." He laughed, but I knew he wanted to cry. "One day I jumped off a cliff, I was ready to die until I got whiff of you."

"Me?" I turned to face him. "What do I smell like?"

"Hmm you smell like wild flower and vanilla." He smiled. "It drives Jax crazy."

We talked as I cooked. Some of the things he told me. I wanted to cry for him. He was only sixteen when his parents lift him. He spent two years in pain, thinking no one cared about him.

"Thank you for giving me a chance." He said. "I promise to do right by you."

"Kaiser we have a problem." Kagen ran into the cabin. "The pack found out about Jordyn and they demand to meet her."

"I'm not ready to be a Luna yet." I quickly said.

"Give us some time." Kaiser said.

"We don't have time." Kagen pressed his lips together.

Kaiser looked at me.

"You know what, let's do it." I stood. "Take me to the pack house."

I'm happy this book is doing so well.
I hope with me editing it that it will get more reads.

Comment, Share & Vote