Before it all started(1)

Haley's pov.

"Hey, mom. I'm gonna go get dinner at the pizza shop. Are you sure that's what you want?" I ask my mom getting my shoes on.

"Yes, dear, I'm positive that's what I want." She tells me surely.

"Ok. I'll be back in a bit, mom." I tell her walking out of our place going to the pizza shop down the road.

*****A couple of minutes later*****

I walk into the shop and wait in line. After like forever it was my turn so I walk up to the cashier and say,

" May I have the large cheese pizza, please."

"Yes you may. That be $5.99. Take a seat and it'll take about 20 minutes." She says hand motioning towards a blue plastic chair.

"Ok ma'am." I give her the money and take a seat. After a little while this guy sits down by me and says,

"Hey, do you got the time?" I look at my watch. 6:14. Wow it's getting late.

"It's 6:14"

"Thank you." He says with a slight pause then says

"I'm Dante." He sticks his hand out to shake my hand. I complete the hand shake then introduce myself.

"Hi, I'm Haley." Then I hear screams. A bunch of screams. Some high pitched some lower pitched. The cashier calls Dante's order he walks up to the counter, gets his food and walks out. I then hear even more screams. The cashier calls my order. I get my food, tell her thank you and then I walk out I bump into a guy. He growls and then I notice he kinda looks like Dante.

I gasp and quickly turn around I start running I then run into someone else who says,

"Hey watch where ya going." He says looking up at me.

"I'm so sorry. What's goin on?" I question him quickly.

"I don't really know but it seems to be like a zombie apocalypse." He says.

"Oh my! I gotta... I gotta go get my mom!!" I say freaking out I start running. The guy that I bumped into starting to run after me. Yelling for me to stop. I don't though I keep running until I get my house I go I'm to an empty living room. I see the boy coming up the stairs.

"I'm sorry, I didn't introduce myself I'm Glenn." He says breathlessly.

"I'm Haley." I shut the door behind him and I run upstairs looking around to see if I see my mom. I hear a loud clank in her closet. I grab a knife that my mother left in her room. I go right in front of the closet and quickly opened it. I see my mom hid under a blanket.

"Mom?" I question.

"Haley!!??" she says excitedly getting up and hugging me. I hug her back and then we go downstairs. We see Glenn sitting on the living room couch. My mom looks at me then Glenn and says

"Who are you?"

"Mom this is Glenn. He was someone I ran into. He told me what was going on." I tell her.

"Ok." She says sitting next to him. And I sit in the other couch. They were talking and giggling and I just sit there thinking about today. It's funny how fast some things change.