15.

2013 // MINGYU'S POV 

Friday is finally here. January 11th. The day I meet Wonwoo's parents. I put on some of my best attire, fixed my hair, and walked to the bus stop. 

GyuIsTall: I'm nervous. What if they don't like me? What if they don't like that we are gay? 

SweaterPaws: Just relax and be yourself. 

GyuIsTall: I'm getting on the bus now. I'll text you when I get to your house. 

I got off at the stop by Wonwoo's house. I'm really nervous. I even brought gifts to maybe show them that I'm a good person. Oh I really hoped they like me. 

GyuIsTall: Wonwoo... I'm here

*ding dong*

*door opens* 

Wonwoo opens the door and I go inside. I am quickly greeted by his little brother who Wonwoo told me is only one year younger than me. 

"Hi! You must be Mingyu! It's so nice to meet you." Bohyuk says to me. 

"Hi! You must be Bohyuk. Wonwoo has told me so much about you and how much he missed you." I turned to Wonwoo who immediately scratched his head and made a face that resulted in all of us laughing. 

Mr. and Mrs. Jeon walked down the stairs. I handed Mrs. Jeon a bouquet of flowers and Mr. Jeon a bottle of wine. "Hello Mr. and Mrs. Jeon. I am Mingyu." They just stared at me. "Oh, I promise I didn't buy the alcohol. My mother picked it out." They continued to stare at me. 

"Who's hungry?" Wonwoo broke the awkwardness. 

We all went to the dinner table and I took my seat last because I didn't want to take anyone's usual seat. Luckily, there was an extra chair set up next to Wonwoo for me. 

"Thank you so much for having me over. I heard you just came back from America. That must have been very exciting. Wonwoo was always talking about you and telling me how much he missed you all." I say while everyone is gathering food onto their plates. 

"Thank you for the flowers and wine. And you said your name was Mingyu, right? Mrs. Jeon finally said to me

"You're welcome. I hope you enjoy the wine. It is one of my mother's favorites. And yes, my name is Mingyu." 

"How old are you?" 

"I'm 15."

"How did you two meet?" Mr. Jeon finally spoke

"Well..." Ouch, Wonwoo kicked my leg. 

"He is Taehyung's cousin and we both happened to be in the same group at the Pledis audition. I had recognized him from Tae's family photos and I asked him to come to lunch with me." Wonwoo interrupted me. 

The rest of our dinner consisted of being asked simple questions for them to get to know me. 

"Mingyu, sweetie, do you mind if we speak to Wonwoo for a minute? You can go into the living room with Bohyuk and play some video games if you want." Mrs. Jeon said to me and I nodded and smiled. 

I sat down in the living room with Bohyuk and we began to play Mario Cart. I'm in the lead!! Yes! I'm usually terri...

"Wonwoo, how could you not tell us that you were dating a boy?" Mrs. Jeon said. 

"What happen to you and Moonbyul?" Mr. Jeon said.

"We dating in like the 2nd year of middle school. I'm in high school now. Things are different." Wonwoo said. 

"You need to break up with him." Mr. Jeon 

"No." 

"Mingyu is a very sweet person and we like him a lot, but we have come to the decision that you can't be together." Mrs. Jeon

"Why?"

"Because we said so." Mr. Jeon

"Because he's gay? Because I'm gay? Is that not okay with you?" 

"This is just a phase! Stop acting so childish!" Mr. Jeon

"It's not a just a phase. I love him." Wonwoo said with a weak and shaky voice. 

*smack* 

"Go to your room. NOW!" 

At this point I heard the whole conversation. Tears are streaming down my face. I can't lose him. I grabbed whatever I had with me. I told Bohyuk that I needed to go. I left. I couldn't be there one second more. I wanted to stay to defend Wonwoo, but it would have only made things worse. 

I keep playing the whole conversation in my head. I got onto the next bus I saw. I don't know where it's going but I really don't care right now. I just need to get out of here.