Reader x Female Leafeon(Under Editing)

When the day is growing old and the hearth calls, the sun sinks down beneath the tops of the pines. The light streaks through the boughs in both brilliant and shadowy beams. In the summertime they were white gold, illuminating the greens into virescent riots; yet the gift of those warm days has passed for the season. On these wintry days, the fogs cast those same beams of light into sepia tones and the woodland becomes the most beautiful of photographs. The trunks of fallen trees bare icicles longer than my hand, no two of them the same - more enchanting than any work of man. Every twig and blade of grass grow winter "leaves" of ice crystals, frost deeper than the fleece in my gloves. And never is the woodland silent, though it is quieter than any city street for sure. There are the birds above, calling, pecking for grubs. There is movement of mammals, mostly small, sometimes not. There is is the water that flows quietly until it meets the sharp rocky scree slopes and forms the waterfalls I love so much.

The forest is the orchestra of my mind, playing one enchanting symphony after another. Its leaves dance to an unheard beat, whispering their songs to the wind. In here, sheltered by the mighty trees, is every kind of life, from the humble beetle to enchanting birds of every color.

Natsuko. The beautiful girl of the forest. Who exactly is she? Where did she come from? Is she the embodiment of Mother Nature herself? 

Why is it that she revealed herself to me? It's definitely a rare thing to hear of a sighting of this enchanting maiden. Recently, there have been tales of the sound of singing and dancing silhouette sightings in the forest. The singing described to be almost celestial-like as if sung by a goddess herself and the dancing to be graceful as if the silhouette were walking on air or practicing its whole life on just these very steps.

The forest was my second home. Its content was nowhere near a mystery to me. Except or the mystical being that resides in it. Why is she here? Why now?

I will never forget the time the way she smiled. It was as if the smile itself brought even more life into the surroundings. The smile painting itself across her freckled face, rose-pink lips semi-illuminated by the dappled light. Almost angelic. I found myself caught in a trance.