Chapter 1 : THE INTRODUCTION

I could hear the song Fronting being played for an hour and a half. Here we go again.

"Hey Gyu! Can you turn the alarm off??? It's 6 in the morning and I can hear my voice!", shouted Soonyoung, a 2nd year Martial Arts Dance student, from the other room.

"Yah Mingyu, we're still sleeping. Get up and turn it off please". I could hear Cheol's voice in the 2nd room.

Hi. My name is Jisoo. But I am known in the university as Joshua, or Josh. I am already 25, and I'm a third year college student in Cara et At University studying Music, majoring in Production/Management. I live in a huge cottage house, together with 12 people. Yes, you heard it right, 12 people. And these 12 people all go to the same university, except for the youngest. Overall, we are thirteen people.

What you have just witnessed is the morning routine to our daily lives. It has been like this ever since we graduated from Fue Le' Dis High School for Music and Arts. I get up early from bed every day, to say my morning thanks. So I am, but a witness, to all the snoring and alarm sounds each day.

"Have you seen my jogging pants?".

Oh, it's Lee Seokmin, DK for short, my roommate. He's 2 years younger than me.

There was a rustle behind me, and I saw Seungkwan, a 1st year Performing Arts student, getting up and going inside the closet.

"Here you go", he said while tossing the pants to DK.

"Thanks", DK shyly said.

These two are my new roommates, since we shuffled rooms last month.

As I was getting up to fix my bed, I saw a familiar figure approaching me. He was a bit wobbly, as if he was sleepwalking.

"Jisoo, let me sleep beside you for a while. Don't get up yet, all the bathrooms are in use right now", he said while getting underneath my blanket. I slipped back underneath the warmth of the blanket as well.

As this person turned his body towards me, I couldn't help but think as to why he could be so perfect. He has the face of an angel, and his voice was as soft and smooth as one too.

His name is Yoon Jeonghan, or "Hani", as I call him, and he has been my bestfriend and buddy for all the years that I could remember. I fell asleep looking at him.

"Hyung! Wake up! You have classes at 9am!".

I was wondering if it was just my dream or what, but no, I was not. Chan, the youngest and only a 4th year senior high school student, was shaking my body.

"Jeonghan hyung, Jisoo hyung, wake up!". 

"Alright, alright, you don't have to shake my sleepy body that hard", I said, trying to drag my thin body out of the bed.

As I slowly get up, I touched Jeonghan's body softly. "Hey, Hani, wake up. It's 7:30 and we both will be late". I said.

"Uhhhhhhhhh.. okay", he replied.

I went to the kitchen and found Minghao and Jun eating pancakes. Both of them came from China, and decided to finish studying and learning dance moves in Korea.

"Oh, did Gyu make these?", I asked, while munching on a piece of pancake.

"Nope, Jun did", Vernon said quietly, sitting down on one seat. Vernon is of the same age as Seungkwan, and studies Hiphop, Rap and Modern Dance.

"Wonu, can I borrow your Literature book?", I heard someone say.

It was Mingyu, a 2nd year HRMD student. I just shortened Hiphop, Rap and Modern Dance, in case you might ask.

"It's beside the dining table", Wonwoo said, while putting his shoes on. He is a 2nd yr HRMD student as well, and was always the first to go out of the house since he wants to avoid the rush hour.

"Thanks", a sleepy Gyu replied.

I was munching on chocolate pancakes covered with strawberries and cream when Jeonghan came. I put my plate in front of him and gave him all my strawberries.

"Thanks", he calmly said. Hani is not the type who likes to eat sweet things. He would prefer fresh fruits instead of candies or chocolates. While I, on the other hand, loves chocolate, but doesn't eat them too much.

"These are delicious", he said, while passing me a glass of milk. I was gulping the milk down when the eldest, Cheol, came.

Cheol, Jeonghan, and I are of the same age, but he is the only one who transferred to the HRMD department last year. Hani and I stayed at the Music department.

"Where's Jihoon? He said he'll come with me to school today.", he asked.

"I'm here. Sorry.", Jihoon said, walking fast towards the dining room. "Let's go".

We finished eating breakfast and preparing for school an hour after we woke up. It was already 8:30 am. I prepared Jeonghan's bag while he was putting his shoes on. The university, in itself, is just a 10-minute walk from our comfy cottage. But since we were 13, we had to prepare about 1-2 hours before our classes start.

"Did you pack my vitamins? I lack sleep so I might get dizzy later", Jeonghan asked me while walking.

"Yeah, I did, don't worry", I replied, giving him a smile.

He placed his hands on my back and said softly, "Oh Jisoo, what will I do without you?".