Chapter 4: JEONGHAN

It was already summer vacation.

And at around 5:30 in the morning, I was dreaming.

I was walking on the clouds, with cherry blossoms falling down like rain. I was singing Month of June by McKay, one of my favorite artists. In my right hand was my guitar, while on the left, a person's hand.

Wait, what?!?!? What is a person's hand doing in my dream?

This person's hands suddenly moved and was bringing my left hand upwards to his face. I slowly followed his hand to take a glimpse of this person's face.

"Hello Jisoo", he said.

I then saw his face. It was as angelic as an angel, with eyes shaped like that of an almond, with a neckline so sharp. Very much like Jeonghan's.

It was Yoon Jeonghan!

"What are you doing here?", I asked.

I got no reply.

The suddenly Jeonghan's face was closer to mine, and in a second, I knew he was about to kiss my lips. I nudged backwards, and my body felt numb.

I fell down from the clouds. And it felt that I crashed on soft grounds.

"Hey, you're heavy", a familiar voice said.

I was truly looking at an angel's face, and I didn't know that angels were so beautiful, and he was embracing me as if there is no tomorrow.

I looked at the situation, and I realized that I was not dreaming anymore.

I then realized that I was on top of Jeonghan.

"What the! What are you doing?", I asked.

"Well, you fell down while I was waking you up. So I had to catch you so you won't hit the ground.", he said, looking at me in the eye.

So an angel saved my life. Thanks to you, Mr. Yoon, that my dream is actually becoming a live one.

"Thank you", I politely told him.

"Well, do you want to get off of me now?", he asked. "Because if you don't, on the count of one, I won't let you go".

Wait, what?

"One", he said. In an instant, I could feel his tight embrace. And his face was even closer than before.

"Let go Han", I said, flustered, as our faces were just inches apart.

"Say please in a cute way", he said, smiling.

I started to think of a way to make him move without even trying to be cute.

I made a move, inched my face towards him more, and said, "If you don't, I might kiss you".

He stopped embracing me tightly, and looked at me.

In that exact moment, we heard someone waking up.

We flinched as fast as we could. It was Seungkwan.

"Hyung, what are you doing here?", he asked Jeonghan. 

"Jisoo hyung, why are you on the floor?", he said, still shaking his sleepy head off.

"Uh, uhm, I fell down", I told him.

"Yeah, he did. And I'm here because I needed to wake him up since he has to go book a flight for his mom's birthday tomorrow", Jeonghan said, getting up to fix his composure.

I completely forgot that I was supposed to go back to Los Angeles to celebrate my mother's birthday.

"What the! I almost forgot about it! I'll go shower now", I said, excusing myself from the awkward moment that we had earlier.

"Oh by the way, thanks for waking me up on the floor, Han", I told him as I walked straight past him. I didn't even dare look at him in the eyes.

As I looked back, Jeonghan was staring at me. And I felt butterflies fluttering out and about inside my stomach.

I entered the shower room to take a bath. I slipped off all of my clothes.

As the water was dripping down my entire body, I shuddered. I thought about Jeonghan.

YOON JEONGHAN.

Jeonghan is my best friend. He's always there for me, as I am for him. We fight, but end up sitting next to each other again with his head on my shoulders. He would always accompany me to places, and we would always choose the same thing.

He understands me better than anyone else, and comforts me when I feel down. He rarely criticizes me, and if ever he does, he would do it in a funny way to make others laugh so I won't be too shy.

He loves friendly hugs, and pats on the back. For him, it's a sign that I will always be there for him. He will hold my hand sometimes, or softly touch my neck and play with my adam's apple.

Ugh, why am I saying this?

I shivered since the water was turning cold.

No, it can't be.. It must not be.

But my mind replayed the event that happened earlier.

Faces so close that we could hear each others breath, bodies bonded together by his tight hug that our heartbeats could be heard as well, and eyes that were looking at each other lovingly.

Did I just say lovingly? What's happening to me??

My heart's beating so fast. What are you doing to me, Yoon Jeonghan?

I sighed..

"I really felt like kissing you earlier".

And then tears fell down together with the cold water.