Chapter 2: AT THE UNIVERSITY

We entered the classroom on time. 

Our first class was Vocalization, and the class started by ruining our vocal chords. Just kidding. 

As usual, Jeonghan sat beside me. It was always like this. Wherever we go, we would always stay beside each other. If I leave him, he will find a way to be near me again. I guess that's how special our friendship is. We were inseparable.

"Ah, ah, ah. Eh, eh, eh. Ih, ih, ih", I could hear him releasing his tone slowly. 

"Oh,oh,oh. Uh,uh,uh", I followed. 

"Ah, eh, ih, oh, uhhhhhh".. huh? What was that? 

I turned to look at Jeonghan. He was looking at me with an flirty grin on his face.

I looked away in an instant, thinking, "Yoon Jeonghan, what on earth are you trying to do?".

He was then in front of me, with the flirty look still on his face, and whispered, "Jisoo, you say Uh, like this.. Uhhhhhhhhh". 

What on earth! "Yoon Jeonghan! Stop that!", I suddenly shouted.

"Mr. Hong, what was that all about?", asked the professor, looking sternly at me. "I told you to practice vocalizing, right?"

All heads were turned towards me, so I shyly said, "I'm sorry, we were just kidding around", turning my face towards Jeonghan, who had a triumphant smile on his angelic face.

"Yah, Hani, stop it. You always do that", I told him, while writing lyrics on our music book.

 "Sorry, you were feeling sleepy a while ago, so I had to wake your senses up", he replied.

Huh, was I that sleepy? 

"Oh, okay thanks for that. And thank you for letting me the center of attention today.", I said jokingly, while patting his back.

We met with Cheol, Gyu, and Wonwoo in the cafeteria for lunch.

"Is it black-bean noodles day today?", I asked them.

"Nope, it's kimchi ramen day today", Gyu replied.

"Wanna order some?", Wonwoo followed.

I grabbed a seat for Jeonghan, and said, "Any other menu? I don't feel like eating ramen today". 

Jeonghan looked at me, and said, "Me too, can we eat outside Josh?", he asked.

Oh yes Jeonghan, you really are my angel-in-disguise. 

"Alright then, let's go", I said, gesturing him to go outside. 

"Sorry Cheol, we have to eat outside, not a cafeteria day today for the both of us", I told Cheol.

We decided to take a shortcut going outside of the university. This path is seldom used by the university students, since it was a rugged and stony path. But today, we felt like using it since during the day, the trees surrounding the path gives off a flowery and romantic scent. Everyone in Cara Et At calls it the "Romance In Full Moon" path, since many of the couples formed in the university make their confession here.

Okay, enough of that. Let's go back to the story.

Suddenly, Jeonghan stopped walking and held my hand tightly. "Jisoo, do you feel that?", he asked. Knowing him, he's tough but gets scared when he feels it.

And so I felt that someone was following us.

As fast as I could, I turned my head to the back slowly. To our surprise, it was Seungkwan and Vernon.

"Hyung! I saw that!", Seungkwan said. 

"Huh? Saw what?", I asked questionably. 

"You are holding hands with Jeonghan hyung", Vernon calmly said.

Jeonghan and I looked down, and saw that our hands were still intertwined with each other. We both pulled our hands as fast as we can.

"I, I , I was.. uhm, scared", Jeonghan stammered, trying to change the thoughts that are now running in Seungkwan and Vernon's mind. 

"I was scared so I held Jisoo's hand. It's not what you think it is", he said, looking at me.

 "Yeah, you know Jeonghan, he gets shivers down his spine everytime he would feel something scary", I said, quickly following his statement.

"Yah! What do you think you're doing here?", I asked the two suddenly.

Vernon replied, "Well, we saw the two of you walking towards here, so we thought you were gonna skip the cafeteria food and go somewhere"

"So we followed you", Seungkwan said.

"Oh, okay. Then let's go together. Where do you wanna eat?", I asked the three of them. 

"Pizza! We want pizza!", the three chorused joyously.

And so the thoughts inside the two younger kids disappeared.. I'm wishing it did.